Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
perryhopeless
Channel Surfer

Re: TCL Roku TV and Netflix Buffering

Jump to solution

MY WIFE JUST SAID NETFLIX IS RUNNING WELL AGAIN! EVERYBODY, GO CHECK YOUR TVS, SEE IF IT'S FIXED FOR YOU TOO!

0 Kudos
Derodicus
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I just checked and there's been no change for me.  Tried their recommended steps of removing Netflix, restarting the TV then reinstalling Netflix.  Connection test from Netflix is still 18 Mbps and continued buffering when trying to watch a

@perryhopeless wrote:

MY WIFE JUST SAID NETFLIX IS RUNNING WELL AGAIN! EVERYBODY, GO CHECK YOUR TVS, SEE IF IT'S FIXED FOR YOU TOO!

show.

0 Kudos
jlittman
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Could you check to see if you received a Roku update?

Jon

0 Kudos
dustinw82
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

No luck for me either. I can’t get 30 seconds into a show. My TV was last updated on 12/13. 

0 Kudos
Jgreen100

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem. 55” inch TCL Roku smart TV, Orbi wireless mesh network and Spectrum Internet. All other apps including Amazon Prime, YouTube TV and Disney+ are all working fine. Netflix Stops frequently to buffer. I uninstalled the Netflix app, restarted the Roku TV and then reinstalled Netflix. It did not fix the problem. 

0 Kudos
perryhopeless
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Never mind, problem still occurring 😭

0 Kudos
JD2
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I need to make a correction. I have a TCL roku tv and a sharp roku tv. It’s happening on the sharp roku tv as well as my TCL. I previously stated they were all TCL. Seems like it isn’t just a TCL problem but more of a built in roku tv no matter the brand. Last update was 12/13 as well. My roku sticks and other standalone roku devices are not having a problem. 

0 Kudos
amnporter
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Seems this issue is clearly Roku tv or Netflix app. I can't find a way, thru Roku 'secret' menus, to rollback either Roku or Netflix to previous release. Any suggestions? I mean, it should be a simple thing to be able to do. As a software dev, I can almost guarantee there's a mechanism to do this, esp for QA/testing purposes.

0 Kudos
Derodicus
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@amnporter wrote:

Seems this issue is clearly Roku tv or Netflix app. I can't find a way, thru Roku 'secret' menus, to rollback either Roku or Netflix to previous release. Any suggestions? I mean, it should be a simple thing to be able to do. As a software dev, I can almost guarantee there's a mechanism to do this, esp for QA/testing purposes.

Honestly it seems like Roku doesn't care and neither does Netflix.  The lack of communication or acceptance of the issue by either party speaks volumes.  I'm hoping it's fixed soon but I won't be holding my breath.  In the meantime my family will be deciding if it's time to bail on the Roku platform.

0 Kudos
pjduck
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

And similar behavior here...

I can search and find multiple threads reporting the same issue on Roku's own site, I am wondering why the community managers can't do the same and advocate for a solution? At current, the most widely used streaming device in the US and the most widely used streaming service in the US are having some pretty major issues playing together!

https://community.roku.com/t5/Channel-Issues-Questions/netflix-starts-to-buffer-after-5-minutes-of-s...