Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Derodicus
Channel Surfer

Re: TCL Roku TV and Netflix Buffering

Jump to solution

There's a Reddit post concerning this topic and the original poster mentioned that he had an Orbi mesh router.  I was wondering if that was part of the issue as well. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/Roku/comments/ez0mx1/netflix_constantly_buffering_only_on_tcl_roku_tvs/?utm...

0 Kudos
Baboo6
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I noticed the same thing - we have an Orbi as well, but Optimum, not Spectrum.

0 Kudos
artfulpanda
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have an orbi, but i am connected via wired connection, also i tested this just incase and connected right into core router  disabling the orbi and same thing... i don't think the orbi has anything to do with it

0 Kudos
Dknox79
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have the Orbi mesh as well, this issue only affects the TCL Roku tv.  I have two other Roku devices and they work with no issues.

0 Kudos
jlittman
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Problem exists when I by passed my Orbi all together and plugged my TCL 65R617 directly into my Spectrum ISP provided arris 8613 modem via ethernet cable.

0 Kudos
dustinw82
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I also have an Orbi. Cox is my ISP. But no issues on any other devices. 

0 Kudos
m_c_meyer
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm running into the same issues here.  Started about 2 weeks ago.  I have Gig service through Comcast, with an Asus rt_ac5300 router and rt_ac68u as an AI mesh node.  I routinely get +50mbps at the TCL tv but despite this it struggles to run Netflix(holding my phone next to the TV on the same network and 2.4Ghz channel I get much faster speeds...sometimes close to 600mbps). YouTube TV and Prime Video run with no issues. Netflix runs fine on other two TVs that connect with Nvidia Shield boxes and the Sony XBR85900F smart TV also runs Netflix just fine.

0 Kudos
JD2
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I too have an Orbi mesh but the Netflix issues only happens on my tcl roku not my other non roku devices. Also very recent. Nothing has changed other than the last tcl update. No orbi updates, and all was working fine with orbi and Netflix just 2 weeks ago and all other streaming apps work with zero issues. 

0 Kudos
Flonner
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

No Orbi here, run a Netgear R7000, and internet is 100mbs through an Explorenet LTE connection.  

0 Kudos
Sshine0926

Jump to solution

Same problem here.  TCL 55 Roku TV with the Orbi mesh WiFi.  I’ve tried hard wiring to a satellite and still have buffering issues.  All other devices stream Netflix fine.

0 Kudos