Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
peridot028
Level 7

TCL Roku TV Wired Works!

I have been trying different ethernet adapters to set my 55" TCL as wired with no luck seeing as the Belkin adapter previously mentioned in another post has now been updated and no longer works. I just wanted to let others know I found another one that does. the Plugable USB2-E100. I bought it on Amazon, for less than $12.

Plugged ethernet cord into adapter, adapter into TV then did a restart (Settings, System, Power, System Restart) Boom! No problem. Finally! Confirmed with a check through Netflix. Hope this helps someone!
0 Kudos
36 Replies
twiceover
Level 11

Re: TCL Roku TV Wired Works!

Model of TV
Exact link to product

I have a 55" roku TV and have also purchased a Plugable branded USB2 adapter and it did not work.

Unless the latest 7.x update made it work.
0 Kudos
Jim_B
Level 7

I have a TCL Roku smart TV - newest model 32 inch.  I used a Ugreen USB 2.0 to 10/100 Fast Ethernet Lan Wired Network Adapter from Amazon.
Works great Updated to latest firmware. In the network menu it shows "wired" All apps work without issue
Link to amazon is https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MYT481C
Paid 9.00
Hope this helps
0 Kudos
socantra
Level 7

Do you notice any improvement in throughput compared to wireless?
Please attempt to maintain a thin veneer of civility.
Remember, you are speaking to strangers on the internet,
not your own family at home.
0 Kudos
Jim_B
Level 7

Wireless was pretty good Had some buffering and a noticeable delay when loading apps and menu screen. When connected via USB to Ethernet adapter it is super fast, no buffering and nearly instant loading of menu home page and apps.
0 Kudos
socantra
Level 7

"Jim B" wrote:
Wireless was pretty good Had some buffering and a noticeable delay when loading apps and menu screen. When connected via USB to Ethernet adapter it is super fast, no buffering and nearly instant loading of menu home page and apps.

Thanks for the information.  I've got this year's 40" TCL-Roku TV and my wireless experience sounds much like yours. With a 16mb connection I don't have a lot to spare and have always much preferred wired. I don't have any serious complaints, but at that price I may take the chance just to have something to do with all my spare ethernet cables. Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Jim_B
Level 7

I stayed away from USB 3.0 and a Gigabyte  adapter because not sure of compatibility. My research on this topic on compatibility was sketchy with USB 3.0 & Gigabyte.
Some posts stated that 3.0 did not work whereas the older 2.0 version of the same adapter did.    
A 10/100 Fast Ethernet adapter should be suitable for all type of LAN connections.
0 Kudos
socantra
Level 7

Sadly, the USB /ethernet adapter reccomended by Jim B (Link to amazon is https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MYT481C) did not work on my TCL Roku TV model 40FS3800, running version 7.2.0 build 4143-08.  My connection is still showing wireless and speed has not improved.

Ah well, at that price it was worth a try, but the adapter is apparently not a universal for all TCL Roku TVs.
0 Kudos
twiceover
Level 11

"socantra" wrote:
Sadly, the USB /ethernet adapter reccomended by Jim B (Link to amazon is https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MYT481C) did not work on my TCL Roku TV model 40FS3800, running version 7.2.0 build 4143-08.  My connection is still showing wireless and speed has not improved.

Ah well, at that price it was worth a try, but the adapter is apparently not a universal for all TCL Roku TVs.

The e100 mentioned in the first post works on my TCL 55".  If you want to take another stab at it.
0 Kudos
jiroemura
Level 7

i never post anything unless ill be helpfull someway, but it is just to reconfirmed that the E100 mentioned above also works for me on my TCL 55".
this was my 3rd and final try with that usb to ethernet, thanks for this post.
just in case it matters i just plug it today 01/10/2016.
0 Kudos