Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Colorado_Skier
Channel Surfer

TCL Roku TV - Stuck in infinite loop

TCL 55 S421 LDAA - noticed apps would not load (YouTube TV was stuck in infinite load loop). 

Tried S/W update but got Errror 003 screen (Can't Update). 

Did factory reset, stuck in infinite can't update error 003 loop.  

Held reset button for 12 seconds, stuck in infinite can't update error 003 loop.  

Pulled plug, tried reset, still stuck in infinite can't update error 003 loop.  

Please advise if anyone knows of an actual fix. 

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
C_I
Roku Guru

Re: TCL Roku TV - Stuck in infinite loop

Unfortunately, this is a case of you get what you pay for. Maybe get a more reputable brand such as Sanyo, Samsung, Magnavox, etc.. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Colorado_Skier

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that specific error code, visit our Support page here: Software not updating

Have you tried connecting your Roku TV to an alternate wireless network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you can update your device, then once your TV has been setup, try switching back to your home wireless network?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Colorado_Skier
Channel Surfer

That may have done the trick, I seem to have missed this idea on other threads, thank you! 

0 Kudos
Colorado_Skier
Channel Surfer

Well, personal hotspot worked, and I was able to reconnect, but when I try to switch back to the wifi it has been on for 2 years it will not work, which is very odd. Any suggestions for that?

0 Kudos
Vee2

Hello, facing exactly same problem. Tethered to phone, ran update, can load Netflix. Connecting back to home router - Nest WiFi with 2 points - and tv connects to router but then can't do anything and gives 003.

Anyone have idea for next step??

Nest wifi uses wpa2 which Roku likes. It's 2.4 and 5ghz, which Roku likes.  So what gives?

0 Kudos
Karilynn
Reel Rookie

I would simply do what I do on my mobile devices when they refuse to connect to a known network.

1. Delete the Connection in the TV menu.  Then, set up he home WiFi connection again to as if it were new.

This fixed my wifi connection issue 

If that doesn't work...

2. Delete the cache using the remote control and try again after.

Delete the cache :

Press the HOME button 5 times, the UP button 1 time, the REWIND button 2 times and the FAST FORWARD button 2 times. The TV will reboot twice.

Good luck.

0 Kudos