Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
netguy

TCL Roku TV - Stuck in Headphone Mode

I have a TCL Model 32S327 Roku TV 8116X.

I plugged in wired headphones into the headphone jack.  This disabled the TV Speaker and displayed the Headphone icon. 

After unplugging my headphones, the Headphone icon is still showing and the TV Speaker is not working. 

I tried a factory reset without success.

Does anyone know how turn off Headphone Mode in my TCL Roku TV?

-Bill

Tags (1)
59 REPLIES 59
Adrienne1

Re: TCL Roku TV - Stuck in Headphone Mode

I am having the same issue right now!!

Scrawford

I’m having this issue and don’t know how to fix it. 

0 Kudos

Same issue here.

0 Kudos
weii
Reel Rookie

Same exact issue here!!

I noticed that unplugging at a certain angle fixed it, but after a couple tries the whole aux port totally broke off and now it’s completely stuck not using the built-in speaker.… Looks like their aux port piece is pretty weak so I would not recommend trying what I did.

TCL Roku TV model #50S425

cadustin

I did this and it worked. I did not break anything. I also figured out if you have Directv, you can plug the RCA cables in there so you don't have to use the headphone jack.

0 Kudos
tuntun
Reel Rookie

you did what?

tuntun
Reel Rookie

Did you find any other way of getting out of headphone mode?  My jack also broke off and I'm stuck in headphone mode and can't get out.

weii
Reel Rookie

I actually got my TV to go back into speaker mode by disassembling a pen, taking the thin cylinder part that holds the ink and the metal tip, and wiggling the tip around in the empty hole where the AUX port used to be.

I think the metal part of the tip tapped one of the contacts on the logic board and tricked the TV into thinking an aux cable was just unplugged. It's really weird but worth a shot.

Then, to give my TV a new aux port I ordered this optical out to AUX adapter and now I'm able to use my external speakers again!

I'm having the same problem with my element except I didnt plug in any headphones or plug in anything for that matter. I had sound at 645am but didnt have it at noon.