Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TCL Roku TV R625 Reboot

R625, on latest 9.2 (6100) update. Today the tv rebooted itself while watching video on TED TALK (built in roku os) app.. contacted TCL and they said (and they are right) that the only variables changed was the new update. So roku 9.2 update introduced this rebooting out of no where in the middle of watching content. TCL claims, rightfully, no responsibility.

What is the solution? Same issue played my r617 that was eventually replaced for the same issue after months of giving TCL/roku a chance to fix it. Unbelievable... Disgusted. And stop marking these problems as solved. Marking it as solved is a lie. Maybe it solved it for some people, but the rest of us are still having the unacceptable problem... SMH

Labels (1)
10 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: TCL Roku TV R625 Reboot

@R625problemstoo Thanks for the note here. The original topic for this issue was for a different TV/issue than what you are describing. I'd be happy to help gather more information to share with our team. 

If you encounter this issue again, please generate an issue tracker report ID by pressing the home button 5 times, followed by the back button 5 times quickly. Please send me a private message with more details, including the specific channel and content you were watching when the issue occurred. I'll help pass that information along to the team. 

I would also recommend contacting your Roku TV manufacturer for this issue. They provide direct support for their TVs and may be able to better assist with any questions that you have. You can reach TCL support here: https://support.tclusa.com/contact-us?contact_query=Please%20enter%20your%20question

Please keep us posted. 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Just sent crash report. Happens daily.

Again, already contacted TCL, they say ROKU knows that ROKU introduced this problem with an update ROKU implemented. So please admit it, and fix it. Instead of pointing the finger at TCL.

Please review the crash report and explain what's going on. This is now three TV's over three different model series over three years of personal ownership that have eventually had the same problem. Rebooting itself for no reason. ROKU has had at least three years to fix this problem.. no more excuses please. It's time to start offering solutions that actually work. Disgusted. 

Highlighted
Level 7

Hi Tanner,

I’ve owned a 55 inch TCLR625 since late October and it started re-booting in December and is doing it more frequently here in early in January. Your help would be most appreciated. The reboot typically happens when I open a Roku platform application, in this particular situation it’s been Apple TV plus and Amazon Prime.

Thanks,

Matt Cohen

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Tanner,

The issue report tracker is ID SX-012-604.

The software version is 9.2.2 build 6106-88.

Best,

Matt

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

@macohenks Thanks for sharing those details. If you could also include the specific streaming channel or HDMI input source being used, and the content title you were watching when the issue occurred, that would be helpful. Please also denote whether or not you have any A/V receiver connected to the TV as well, and include the make/model, if so.

I'll help pass that information along to the team. I'd also recommend following up with your Roku TV manufacturer to report the issue and request any additional support they can provide. 

Thanks,

Tanner 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Tanner,

Thanks. The content is from the Roku TV platform, main menu. There aren’t any HDMI peripheral connections. I wasn’t watching a particular program but opening both Apple TV plus and Amazon Prime video. I’m not using an AV receiver.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Thanks for clarifying @macohenks 

I'll share this report with our team. Please PM me with your Roku TV serial number from Settings>System>About, and include any other tracker IDs if you observe the behavior occurring again. We'll need the serial information in order to pass your report along. 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I have been having this issue for 6 months and have read several threads of others with the same issue.  This happens when streaming from apps, PlutoTV, Weather Channel, Newsmax, etc.

Software version: 9.4.0 - build 4190-48

Timestamp: 2020-12-02T17:49:29Z

Issue ID: 61-484-909

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Sinecure 

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried removing the channels from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. Does this clear up the issue you are seeing?

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku TV brand and model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos