Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tbne245
Reel Rookie

TCL Roku TV Not Enabling ARC

I'm trying to connect a Vizio V-Series soundbar to a TCL Roku TV (Model 55s435)

I've connected the soundbar to HDMI 4 (Arc) on the tv. I have the audio set to Auto (I've also tried with setting it to ARC (HDMI 4)). As I understand it, I need to enable the ARC setting by going to Settings > System > Control Other Devices (CEC) and enable the ARC setting. However, on my tv, there is no ARC setting under the CEC menu. I only have 1-touch play and System Standby. 

The soundbar is powered on, and connected, then goes into search mode for the input. If I set the soundbar input to HDMI ARC, I get nothing from the speaker. When I go to the audio output settings on the TCL Roku TV, it says that the ARC (HDMI 4) is inactive and System Audio Control is inactive. 

This seems like an issue with my settings on the TV, but I can't find any details on other places to look to set this up. If you have any suggestions on where to go next, I'd greatly appreciate it. 

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: TCL Roku TV Not Enabling ARC

Hi @tbne245

Thanks for your post. 

We understand that you want to set up a surround system for your Roku TV. 

Have you tried taking a look here in our Support resources and following the steps to help get connected? How to connect a surround sound system to your Roku TV. This article provides more details about each surround sound connection, and explains how you can get the best performance with your Roku TV.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with.

Regards, 

Nimfa

0 Kudos
tbne245
Reel Rookie

Thank you for the response. I did use this reference, but am having trouble with the system settings. Following the instructions I copied below, there is not an ARC option in the Control Other Devices menu. I've use the search for CEC device function as well with no result. Is there an error that would cause the ARC option not to show up for activation under the CEC menu? 

To enable ARC (or eARC):

1. Press Home 

on your Roku TV remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select System
  4. Select Control other devices (CEC)
  5. Scroll and highlight ARC (or eARC)
  6. Check the box using OK 

on your remote to enable ARC (or eARC)

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

@tbne245

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Is it possible that you can send us a screenshot/photo of the options you see on your screen? Send us here as well the serial number of your Roku TV. To get this, go to Settings > System > About, and I'll be able to assist you further from there. 

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
tbne245
Reel Rookie

Here are the images of the about tv and CEC

Edited with images instead of links

0 Kudos
tbne245
Reel Rookie

TCL CEC.png

TCL Model.png

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

@tbne245 

Thanks for following up. 

Have you tried to check if you have an HDMI port labeled on your Roku TV as "HDMI eARC" or simply "eARC"? Try to plug in the soundbar once more and click the System Standby and see if you were able to get sounds after. 

Please keep us posted on what you find out. 

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
DannyWG

I am having the same problem. For the past week, I have been unable to get hdmi arc to work with my sound bar. I also have the same options/lack of options in my settings. I have even tried updating sound bar firmware, factory resetting my tv, and multiple hdmi cables.

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi @DannyWG

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Have you tried contacting the TV manufacturer - TCL to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS. They'll be the best ones to help regarding your issue.

You can contact them here: TCL Support. Call them at 1-877-300-8837.

Please keep us posted on what you find out.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos