Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ACBMemphis
Reel Rookie

TCL Roku TV Model 55R635 no longer display signal from PC

Jump to solution

I have a PC using Intel HD Graphics that is connected to a TCL Roku TV Model 55R635. Last night, the TV updated itself to 10.5.0. Build 4201-88, and now the TV will no longer display a signal from the PC. I have tried changing inputs, HDMI compatibility settings, restarting both TV and PC, etc. The only thing non-standard about this setup is I am using a HDMI over Ethernet extender. However, this extender has been working fine for a year, and I verified another TV works when connected to the extender in place of the Roku TV. Something about this update broke my PC to TV connection. My suspicion is the resolution or refresh is wrong, but that's hard to change when you can't see anything! Even tried connecting a second monitor but Windows 10 shows the Roku TV as inactive. Is there a way to roll back the update? Thanks for suggestions on what else I can try.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ACBMemphis
Reel Rookie

Re: TCL Roku TV Model 55R635 no longer display signal from PC

Jump to solution

(Original poster here) Thanks to everyone for your suggestions. My solution to this problem was... throw some money at it! I purchased a new 4K extender from Amazon and it worked. Problem solved.

• My old extender was a years-old model from Sabrent that used 2 cables.
  • The new extender is a gofanco that uses a single cable.
  • The new extender was 3x the price, has a built-in IR extender, and supports all sorts of fun acronyms like HDBaseT HDMI 2.0 4K 60Hz 4:4:4 HDR Over CAT6 EDID, 18Gbps, HDCP 2.2.

• In general, I am OK with the Roku OS system being dynamic and Roku updating application software, channels, look and feel, navigation etc. 
  • However, the HDMI port itself is a core function of the TV hardware involving externally connected components! In my opinion, the behavior of HDMI should not be changed, or changed with new TV hardware only, or there should be a rollback option!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
14 REPLIES 14
Skril
Streaming Star

Re: Update 10.5.0, Build 4201-88 Killed My HDMI..

Jump to solution

The exact same thing happened to me this morning. Dead signal to my TV and nothing would fix it.

This is on a TCL 6 Series 55R625

I spent hours debugging, and eventually was able to get a signal to my TV by using this:

https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

And reinstalling the nvidia driver.

After finally getting everything working again, there is no longer a Gsync option in the nvidia control panel. I thought the reason everything broke was that I had Gsync enabled on my control panel with no way to turn it off after the update broke Gsync support. However, you are using an integrated intel chipset which doesn't have gsync, right? So something else must have been broken by the Roku update last night.

Anyhow, the update broke/removed VRR/Gsync support on my 3070 PC. Whereas it was working fine before this latest roku/TCL update from 11/17

I really hope they fix this.

0 Kudos
DrFatty
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same problem. New update makes my PC unable to display on the TV.

However, I have a (bad) workaround: Set the refresh rate on your PC to 30Hz instead of 60Hz. It works for me, though obviously 30Hz isn't my favourite.

Hopefully they fix it soon. I'm not enjoying this whole "My TV broke itself overnight" experience of auto-updating.

0 Kudos
Skril
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

What video card are you using?

0 Kudos
DrFatty
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Skril: I'm currently on an Nvidia 3080.

It's been running for months with no issue on the TV, until it suddenly went crazy today as soon as I tried to stream a show on Netflix and the TV stopped accepting 60Hz signals at that time.

0 Kudos
Skril
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I was able to fix my 3070 issues by running that DDU program I linked and installing the latest Nvidia drivers. I can run at 60hz fine now.

If you do this and it works, can you tell me if you have the Gsync options in the Nvidia control pael when running on the TV after fixing it?

DrFatty
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I tried the DDU and full reinstall of Nvidia drivers, no dice. Still won't take a 60Hz connection.

Interestingly, if I change which HDMI port I'm using on the TV, it WILL take a 60Hz connection... until I open Netflix, then it forces the TV to use 30Hz and it will then break (no picture) if I manually set it back to 60Hz. This persists even if I reboot the PC.

I'm trying a factory reset on the TV now. Let's see how that goes...
Update: Doing a factory reboot results in the same as above. 60Hz until I use Netflix (or other streaming services) on my PC, and then it gets locked to 30Hz.

0 Kudos
Skril
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Can you check your Nvidia control panel and see if there is a Gsync option? It should be on the left side of the settings window in the main options list

0 Kudos
speds
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I'm not techy like all you are but I have a brand new Roku soundbar which worked just fine until this update. After the update, it doesn't even recognize the HDMI port. I know the port works because I plugged in an old Firestick and it worked just fine. This is ridiculous. Anyone know how to fix it without being a tech mensa?

0 Kudos
TheNachoCheese
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@speds wrote:

I'm not techy like all you are but I have a brand new Roku soundbar which worked just fine until this update. After the update, it doesn't even recognize the HDMI port. I know the port works because I plugged in an old Firestick and it worked just fine. This is ridiculous. Anyone know how to fix it without being a tech mensa?

Usually unplugging & plugging back in the TV power cord that the Roku is connected to via HDMI resolves this. If you're lucky, it will fix it, if you're not, it will only work for one time and the next time you use your Roku you will need to power cycle the TV again (unplug/plug back in).

This is just a terrible update from Roku and I wish you luck.