Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MichaelS1
Binge Watcher

TCL Roku TV Artifacting over HDMI

I'm running an a105X and I have artifacting over all HDMI ports. This just started occurring with 10.5, and I thought it was hardware failure until I replaced the HDMI cable, tried a different source, and tried all ports. Googled like crazy and found a thread showing this exact issue was caused by a previous update: 

https://www.reddit.com/r/Roku/comments/9v4qul/tclroku_tv_55s405_flickering_on_hdmi/

I messaged TCL, reached out to Roku, and have only been given generic responses. I especially don't understand why users reaching out to Roku can't get rollbacks to the previous software version. At least allow those of us who don't want to beta test your software to have a functional TV for the holidays. 

This sucks and I'm never buying another one of your products again. 

Here's a video of it https://youtu.be/tg5qkk6n1LQ

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: TCL Roku TV Artifacting over HDMI

@MichaelS1

Thanks for the post.

I have passed along your concerns and information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MichaelS1
Binge Watcher

So when will I see a resolution? I KNOW these issues started with the 10.5 update and have crossed every other variable off the list. This generic response does nothing much like the messages I've sent directly to you. I just want a rollback, and others have received this so it's not impossible.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@MichaelS1

Thanks for the follow up.

I have no updates to provide at this time as the issue is still under investigation. Your patience while this issue is looked into is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Maxime64
Binge Watcher

Please give the opportunity to downgrade the software version ! That is so frustrating to buy a brand new tv and I’m stuck with this problems. 

My first time buying a roku product and it’s the last time. 

0 Kudos
MichaelS1
Binge Watcher

Wow so adding insult to injury, Roku has started deleting posts of journalists reaching out to get coverage on this story. Rest assured I will. Thank goodness for email receipts, otherwise I would've never seen his post. Here is a screenshot from the 9 page thread of people postings about 10.5 update issues.

This is frankly unaccecptable. Not only do you refuse to help paying customers leaving them in the dark after you've gotten your money, but your actively trying to silence anyone that says otherwise. Absolutely despicable. 

Screenshot_20220105-102144.png

MichaelS1
Binge Watcher

FYI, If you're reading this and want to reach out to the journalist directly, his email is 

cordcutterweekly @ jarednewman .com

I already looked into it, and it's legit.

Sorry about the formatting of the email, I can't post it without the spaces. 

kjxl1200
Reel Rookie

Picture quality problems after 10.5

Add me to the list for a rollback to 10.0 too please! My TV has terrible blurring and artifacting that comes and goes intermittently on the lower part of the screen after it auto updated to 10.5 on 1-09-2021. It's almost like an overlay, and is pretty much unwatchable. It affects all apps and HDMI inputs. 

Element e4aa58r

Roku TV c508x

Serial x00000ytyxse

Device is s04lc08tyxse

Software version 10.5.0 build 4210-ay

0 Kudos