Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

TCL Roku TV 9.4 doesn’t have Audio Leveling / Night Mode

Roku TVs no longer have Audio Leveling and Night mode. Why was this removed?
This is not speech mode, so Roku employees do not mention speech mode under "volume modes".

VOLUME MODES =/= Audio Leveling

4 Replies
Level 8

Re: TCL Roku TV 9.4 doesn’t have Audio Leveling / Night Mode

I have the same issue since 9.2.   Previous thread closed with NO response from Roku.

Can this be fixed?

Level 8

Current fix is to buy a Sony Bravia TV. They support audio leveling and have android TV built in.

0 Kudos
Level 9

@Rob9 wrote:

I have the same issue since 9.2.   Previous thread closed with NO response from Roku.

Can this be fixed?

Another thread said the fix is to buy a Sony/Android. 

Roku reminds me of a cross between Fry's Electronics & Harbor Freight (bad management & a customer base eager to buy stuff that breaks before long).

A lot of decisions don't make any sense. Customers massively ask for things like numeric keys on a remote. "What? Did someone say something? Oh, here, let me add 1000 channels to your up/down traversal. Yeah, yeah, dats da ticket. Yeah. And, let me make the up/down button move only one channel at a time! Yeah! Someone give me a bonus!" 

If I weren't seeing it myself, I'd never believe it (like Fry's & Harbor Freight).

"[Roku CEO] Wood’s goal is to control video access to the world — to be the 'one box that rules them all.'" (Techcrunch, February 23, 2011). The latest software update removed any doubt who rules & controls my TV.
0 Kudos
Level 9

Agreed. I have the same issue and would like to see this functionality restored/implemented.

Perhaps @RokuDanny-R can weigh in on this, since they were active as of yesterday and closed a similar, but older, discussion thread on this same topic.

TCL TV: 50S525 (Model C113X) + TCL Alto 7+ (TS7010) via HDMI-ARC

Software Version: 9.4.0.4200