Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Marilyn62
Level 7

Re: TCL Roku TV 9.2 doesn’t have Audio Leveling / Night Mode

Jump to solution

I have brand new TCL Roku Tv and there is no Night or Leveling feature in sound settings either. Very frustrating when Roku touts a feature and it doesn’t exist. Constantly turning volume up and down during shows. 

0 Kudos
akareaper
Level 8

Jump to solution

I agree. I practically want to dump the thing as it's a huge hassle, especially with commercials being at different volumes. So much for the "spring" update to offer the feature.

0 Kudos
Herpderp
Level 8

Jump to solution

Roku appears to have scrubbed all mention of Roku TVs ever supporting volume mode so I think its safe to say this feature is dead. 
I suggest buying a different TV without roku, perhaps a dumb TV and linking it to a different box like apple TV. 

0 Kudos
Kingflynn
Level 8

Jump to solution

This is super frustrating that they haven't rolled this feature in yet. The volume inconsistencies are huge. If you're trying to watch TV while the kids are sleeping, you're constantly fiddling with the volume. Come on Roku. Let's get this added in.

BigStingman
Level 8

Jump to solution

Ha wow you are right. I guess us complaining about it (I specifically quoted it a few months ago about how it was coming in the next few months and now there is zero mention of Roku TVs without being paired to their wireless speakers) got them to just scrub it completely.

On a side note, I did buy a new TCL Roku TV (the $148 one from walmart) and did see the option on there to have different audio settings. I am wondering why that one has it but not the other Roku TVs I've had for a couple years.

I am going to compare the model numbers and software builds to see what's different. The only other different is I have a bose soundbar hooked up to the older one (that doesn't have the audio settings) through optical, whereas the newer one I am using the internal speakers (planning on hooking up external ones soon - maybe that will change something Idk).

I'll report back my findings.

Brevet
Level 7

Jump to solution

Came here with the same issue. When I'm gaming, the background music is extremely low and sudden sound effects are super loud. I've played around with audio settings for the speaker and haven't found a fix. I'm returning this TV.

0 Kudos
Lane03
Level 10

Jump to solution

Pretty sure you need to be using the internal TV speakers or Roku Wireless speakers to see the leveling and night mode sound options. It doesn't show those modes on my Roku TV when using a Sony sound bar but does when it's disconnected.

0 Kudos
akareaper
Level 8

Jump to solution

No, it's just that ROKU can't figure it out I guess. My TV is less than a year old, but hope santa brings me a new one WITHOUT Roku.

0 Kudos
Irony58
Level 9

Jump to solution

Not here. I'm using the internal sound, only it's connected to an external amplifier and speakers through the headphone jack. I can see a Sound Mode and Volume Mode, but those settings are "Normal" and grayed out so I can't change them.

0 Kudos
Holocron
Level 9

Jump to solution

That's definitely possible. You'd think, however, that using a TCL soundbar on a TCL TV would behave the same as using the TCL internal speakers.

Roku needs to get their act together on this.

0 Kudos