Discussions

Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
spenser
Level 7

TCL Roku TV 5.1 set up with Roku Speakers, Soundbar, and Sub?

Jump to solution

I have a TCL 4 series Roku TV with Roku wireless speakers and subwoofer. I've been interested in purchasing the Roku soundbar to add to the mix for 5.1 surround sound. However, when I go to my current device settings and look into the option to add another speaker, it tells me that I already have the maximum number of speakers paired with the TV (2). Is my TV not compatible with adding the soundbar for 5.1? Or is there an update I need to allow for this setup? Appreciate the guidance.

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: TCL Roku TV 5.1 set up with Roku Speakers, Soundbar, and Sub?

Jump to solution

@spenser 

Thanks for the inquiry.

We would recommend taking a look at the setup instructions provided by our Support page here: How do I set up a Roku® surround sound system?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
JC12
Level 9

Jump to solution

I had the same setup with an insignia Roku TV. I was also afraid that the Roku Soundbar would not work. Got my smart soundbar yesterday and it works. Just make sure to plug HDMI cable to ARC on TV. Roku TV recognized and did all the setup by itself. FYI, you must reset other audio speakers before pairing with sound bar. I’m still testing everything, wish the soy bar blew my mind but not really. I do like when audio is doing complete surround sound though, pretty cool and good enough for me. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@spenser 

Thanks for the inquiry.

We would recommend taking a look at the setup instructions provided by our Support page here: How do I set up a Roku® surround sound system?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

0 Kudos
JC12
Level 9

Jump to solution

I had the same setup with an insignia Roku TV. I was also afraid that the Roku Soundbar would not work. Got my smart soundbar yesterday and it works. Just make sure to plug HDMI cable to ARC on TV. Roku TV recognized and did all the setup by itself. FYI, you must reset other audio speakers before pairing with sound bar. I’m still testing everything, wish the soy bar blew my mind but not really. I do like when audio is doing complete surround sound though, pretty cool and good enough for me. 

0 Kudos