Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LP_1010
Level 7

TCL Roku TV 43S425 43” 4K Green Image

I recently purchased a TCL Roku tv, model number 43S435, for my bedroom. It was working fine, until it suddenly started displaying a green image when I tried to stream anything, except for the one show I was just watching. It is very weird and hard to explain. The home screen of the tv (where all apps are displayed) and the home screens within each app all look perfectly fine. It’s not until I try to play/stream a show that the image turns green. Nothing is plugged into my tv except for an Ethernet cable.  Here are pictures to show what I’m talking about.

ECD85C67-0924-4BBA-B510-6AB33190927B.jpeg

922D9534-DC9A-4621-96C2-DFC31B1C43AE.jpeg

038B52DC-1CDE-44DD-B927-ADA5DC20C867.jpeg

0 Kudos
171 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: TCL Roku TV 43S425 43” 4K Green Image

@LP_1010 

Thanks for the post.

Can you provide us with more information? Is this issue occurring when you watch content on a specific channel, or does this issue occur when you watch any channel?

With more information, we can be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
hlc96
Level 7

I also have the same TV, I purchased it less than 6 months ago. The tv does this on and off on YouTube, Netflix, Hulu, Disney+.. It’s at random and I don’t know how to fix it when it happens. This never happens on those apps on other devices to me ever, and I’ve had those apps for years. It’s certainly the tv. 

LP_1010
Level 7

The issue was happening with all the apps. I turned off the tv for the night and the next day it was fine. 

0 Kudos
LP_1010
Level 7

Thanks for your post. I was hoping this was a one time thing. When your tv does this, is there a specific amount of time before it goes back to normal? Have you contacted TCL regarding this? I might return the tv if this is something that’s going to be a bigger issue in the future. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@hlc96 @LP_1010 

Thanks for the information.

This sounds like it may be a hardware issue. Have you tried contacting TCL support yet to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS. 

You can reach them here: https://support.tclusa.com/televisions or at 1-877-300-8837.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
WetGiraffe
Level 7

I’m having this same issue with my Hisense Roku TV. Roku/Netflix/Hulu menus look fine but when I select a show it streams with a heavy green tint and pixelation.

RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@WetGiraffe 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku TV brand and model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-summary of the issue you are experiencing

Once we have this information we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
ihaveatv
Level 7

ID 8X-388-245
TV: C110X
TCL model: 55S425

Serial Number: X00000K2DW8X
software version 9.3.0 Build: 4194-93
Device ID: S041D032DW8X

I'm also having the green issue. Menus appear normal even within apps, but once a video, show or film is selected the image becomes green and pixelated. It looks like some sort of filter in a cruddy photo app trying to look like the Matrix. Very odd and suddenly onset. 

hbach83
Level 8

This just happened to me today as well, on my TCL Roku tv. Can't figure out how to fix this!