Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

TCL Roku Smart TV Netflix Intermittent sound loss

I have a TCL Roku Smart TV 65R625.  2 weeks ago I started to have intermitent sound loss with Netflix.  I've tried the following steps:

1/ Removing Netflix and re-installing

2/ Unplugging TV and pressing the remote Power Button for 10 seconds, turning the TV back on 10 minutes later

3/  Turning Wifi off and on

4/ Resetting the TV to factory settings

The problem has persisted.  Netflix informs they issue the same binary to all hardware manufacturers and it is the hardware manufacturer and Roku's problem.  TCL tells me that it is Netflix and Roku's issue.

Does anybody else have the same issue?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: TCL Roku Smart TV Netflix Intermittent sound loss

I am having the exact same problem.  I just installed the 65r625.  I have great picture quality and excellent WiFi strength. 4k content plays without issues in all other apps but but drops intermittently while using the built in Netflix app. I took the same troubleshooting steps that you did. The issue did improve after reloading the app but returned an hour or so later. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: TCL Roku Smart TV Netflix Intermittent sound loss

If you have external speakers connected, switch Audio > S/PDIF and ARC to "Auto passthrough" and see if this helps.

0 Kudos