Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kislam48
Level 7

TCL/Roku Remote unresponsive

Hi,

I've had a 55' TCL 5 series for 5 months now and the remote started to malfunction last week. You need to rapid click over and over until your hands are tired for anything to happen. Clicking it repeatedly slowly doesn't work either, has to be aggressive for it actually get picked up by the tv. I changed the batteries and did the infrared test with iphone camera (all looks fine). I'm starting to think its the IR receiver on the tv maybe? But then, it works at night so now I'm starting to think my neighbor got a TCL tv on the other side of the wall? I'm not sure and haven't found anything helpful online. Please advise.

Thanks!
Kazi
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: TCL/Roku Remote unresponsive

Hi there! 

Thanks for the note here. 

For more help with your TCL Roku TV or remote, you'll want to reach out to TCL support directly. They can assist you further to help get this resolved. You can get in touch with them directly here: https://support.tclusa.com/contact-us?contact_query=Please%20enter%20your%20question

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
PSUHammer
Level 9

Re: TCL/Roku Remote unresponsive

The TCL supplied remotes are crap compared to the native Roku remotes.  Much worse quality.  Buttons sticking, etc.
0 Kudos