Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kevin7t7

TCL Roku 65" - DVD/Bluray Player & External Audio Very Quiet

Hi there.  In other threads, this topic has been touched upon, but never solved.  I have reached out to both Roku and TCL customer service with full details on the issue and still get a 'blank stare' response with textbook suggestions.  I have done every suggestion possible to fix this issue.

I have a 2021 TCL Roku 65" - 5 Series S535 4K HDR TV that for the most part works great.  I do not currently have a sound bar hooked up, but might have to go that route as a potential issue remedy.

*** The problem I have with this TV is that when I go to use my DVD player (connected via HDMI), the audio is about 1/4 the audio volume of what the TV is capable of.  The audio volume works great when using Apps or local TV (via antenna) within the TV.  Going to DVD or any other external player plugged into the TV, the audio through the TV speakers is 1/4 what it should be.

I also tried plugging in a headset and smaller speaker system out of the headset jack on the TV.  Same result.  Muted / very low audio when playing from the DVD source through the TV.

I've done every possible setting configuration in the surface and sub-surface settings menus on all devices.  I've swapped out different DVD players and cables.  It's definitely a Roku or TCL manufacturing or firmware audio issue that is making audio from any input device to be at lower volume.

To this day, I cannot get solid help from either TCL or Roku as to what the problem may be.  I know that I'm not the only one who has this issue with external devices playing low volume.  It's an audio panel or firmware issue.

I don't know where to go from here other than write to the higher ups at TCL and Roku for help, but I'm upset that an expensive TV I purchased does not work as advertised with external equipment that every other TV manufacturer has no issue with.

Anyone else experience this issue?  *Please don't suggest Volume, Sound mode, Leveling change, PCM, HDMI, Stereo suggestions.  They've all been tried in every configuration possible.  It's a hardware/firmware issue.

Hopefully, we can get an answer for this issue.

Tags (5)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Doug80

Re: TCL Roku 65" - DVD/Bluray Player & External Audio Very Quiet

I am having a similar issue. Same TCL tv, except I get no sound at all from the blu ray player. Video is fine.  It works if I hook it up to a non-tcl tv.   Also have tried every setting on the tv to no avail.  I’m hoping someone has a solution. 

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi @Doug80

Welcome to the Roku Community!

If you are not getting any sound from your Blu-ray player while the video on your Roku is working fine, there are several things you can try:

• Check the audio output settings on your Blu-ray player. Make sure that the audio output format is compatible with your TV's audio capabilities. You may need to refer to your Blu-ray player's user manual for instructions on how to adjust the audio output settings.
  • Check the audio settings on your TV. Make sure that the audio output settings on your TV are set to the appropriate input for your Blu-ray player. You may need to refer to your TV's user manual for instructions on how to adjust the audio output settings.
  • Check the audio cable connection between your Blu-ray player and your TV. Ensure that the audio cable is plugged into the correct audio input on your TV and that it is securely connected to both the TV and the Blu-ray player.
  • Try using a different audio cable. The audio cable may be damaged or defective, which could be causing the issue.
  • Try resetting your Blu-ray player and TV to their default settings. You may need to refer to the user manual for your devices for instructions on how to perform a factory reset.

If none of these solutions work, it may be worth contacting the manufacturer of your Blu-ray player for further assistance.

We hope it helps!

Warm regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
rob55

Hi, all. I had the problem where I had dvd video, but no audio. Very frustrating. I solved the issue by going into "TV inputs", then selected the HDMI port I was plugged into. There is an HDMI mode option. Mine was factory-default set to "Standard". I changed this to "Auto". Now, the HDMI port was recognized as a blu-ray player and the audio works the way it should. This, btw, is with a TCL soundbar.

Hope that this helps.

0 Kudos