Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lesshort
Reel Rookie

TCL Roku 50S535 TV: IP Capabilities

Hi,

I got in touch with Harmony support because my remote is trying (and failing) to connect to the Roku IP capabilities,  I have been through all the suggestions (reboots, etc), and nothing works.  I'm posting here in case someone knows what the solution is.

I successfully managed to get it working in another home, but cannot recall what I did!

Les

Labels (2)
7 REPLIES 7
minervamaga
Reel Rookie

Re: TCL Roku 50S535 TV: IP Capabilities

Also having this issue.  In fact, I just had to reset my entire Harmony Hub and it's still not detecting the TV....

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Dragon687

I'm having the same issue right now. My Sharp Roku TV crashed hard the other day (wouldn't boot anymore) so I had to perform a factory reset using the button on the side. Doing so of course messed up my Harmony Hub remote control of the TV. So I went in to re-add the TV and ever since then it just will not communicate over IP for remote control.

If I add manually via TV Manf, it tried to add IP capabilties but never finds anything. If I try to add the device by having Harmony scan the network, it finds the TV, but recognizes it as only a Roku Premium box, and not a TV itself (even though the label has TV in it....).

I've tried factory resetting the TV again, no good. 

I've tried changing the Control by Mobile Apps from Default to Permissive (since I run on a 172 subnet and who know if it thinks only 192 is private), no good.

I've tried setting up Harmony with both, adding the Roku box first via auto detect, and then manually adding the TV, while this works for controlling the TV via IR, the Roku part never setups correctly and does not allow me to set up streaming channels in the remote system.

I'm at the point of trying an entirely different SSID on a different subnet for the Wifi to see if that makes any difference.....either that or factory reset the Harmony Hub but it sounds like that won't do any good either....

0 Kudos
Dragon687

Apparently it's just my Harmony Hub being stupid, I can find and add my TV no problem on the Roku Remote app on my phone.......

0 Kudos
benm1976

I'm having the same issue. Did you find anything that works?

0 Kudos
oapd894
Reel Rookie

I'm having the equal issue right now. My Sharp Roku TV crashed hard the alternative day (wouldn't boot anymore) so I had to carry out a factory reset the use of the button on the aspectshere. Doing so of course tousled my Harmony Hub remote control of the TV.

0 Kudos
minervamaga
Reel Rookie

I did in fact figure out a work-around: rename the TV to the model number.  Doing so allowed me to add mine back to my hub.  Obviously this is a total pain in the rear if you have multiple TVs of the same model and utterly ridiculous... But try that if you are also having this issue! 

0 Kudos
ironclad

I have having the issue as you all described: 

32" TCL TV

Harmony Hub

I had to factory restore the TCL TV, after that the Harmony Hub can't enable IP control or find the TCL TV during the scan. I saw the workaround of renaming the Roku TV to its model name, but how would that solve the problem of Harmony Hub not finding the TV on the network?

0 Kudos