Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TCL ROKU Tv not connecting or staying connected to services

I’ve had a TCL Roku TV 5 series for about a month now. I have connected HBO max Disney+ Netflix Hulu YouTube Amazon prime and several other services. The last week or so nearly every service has been very slow to connect, if it connects at all. Today I’ve had to try HBO max about a dozen different times. Of those times, it connected twice but then I couldn’t look at any movies or shows and I kept getting an error message saying check my equipment and the service couldn’t be connected.
All my services work on every other device, the Internet works on every other device, and every other device works fine. The only problem is with Roku TV.
Why is the TV suddenly so extremely slow to connect to services - if it connects at all? How can this be resolved?

I’m about to get rid of Roku altogether, this is way more frustrating than just using my computer - this has happen maybe twice in all the years I’ve watched streaming services via my computer. 

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: TCL ROKU Tv not connecting or staying connected to services

Hi @Username111

We're sorry to hear about the issue you're experiencing.

Could you reply here with a photo of the error message showing up on your TV screen? Have you tried restarting your router? Please let us know. I'll be able to further assist you from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Shae88

My tv will not not connect to the internet at all. I’ve done a factory rest. It does not give a display error message 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

@Shae88

Thanks for reaching out.

Have you tried contacting the TV manufacturer to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS.

For a list of Roku TV manufacturers contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Wedriscoll
Binge Watcher

I purchased my TCL Roku TV in February of 2020, and until mid November of 2021, it was running fine. Since the update to 10.5 it has been worthless. I’ve reported it in numerous threads and opened a ticket, 511601, which was last replied to on 12/10. The only change was the OS update. I’ve recycled my router, reset the network on the TV and unplugged the TV but nothing has helped. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Wedriscoll

Thanks for the post.

If you are already in contact with our Support team, we would recommend continuing to work with them as they would best be able to assist you moving forward.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Wedriscoll
Binge Watcher

@RokuDanny-R “In touch with” is a bit of a stretch. I haven’t heard anything since 12/10/21, so tomorrow will be 4 weeks. I can’t watch streaming services in my family room because of this issue, but I’m still paying for them. Not anywhere close to a happy customer at this point. 

0 Kudos
Wedriscoll
Binge Watcher

@RokuDanny-R well I’m still waiting. Others were able to downgrade from 10.5, while I haven’t gotten any support. As mentioned the TV worked with multiple steaming services since Feb 2020 until Nov of 2021, and since then it’s been useless.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Wedriscoll

Thanks for the posts.

Have you already reached out to them to follow up with our Support team?As I stated previously, if you have already contacted our Support team, we would recommend continuing to work with them to try to resolve your issue as they would best be able to assist you moving forward.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Wedriscoll
Binge Watcher

As mentioned, the ticket number is 511601, but the last correspondence from Roku “support” was received on 12/10/2021. In that time I have been billed for my streaming services, which I can’t watch on my primary TV. Other threads mentioned that people were provide the ability to rollback from 10.5, is that possible?

0 Kudos