Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

TCL ROKU TV is not playing video's in app's

I have a problem with my TCL ROKU TV.  When  I  play a movie or a series in two apps, Disney plus and Amazon prime, the video is all pixelated can't see anything but you can hear it. Now on Netflix, hulu, CBS all access all show's play fine. On Disney the cartoons, the short takes, and the trailer's work just fine. On Amazon just the trailer's work fine. Now get this on my other smaller TCL ROKU TV they all play just fine no problems. This is  driving me me crazy. The TV that I am having issues with is a 55'' 49S405 and the smaller TV is a 40''

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: TCL ROKU TV is not playing video's in app's

@DM186 

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: TCL ROKU TV is not playing video's in app's

Thank you for replying but unfortunately I did it exactly the way you stated and did no fix the problem. There is something wrong with my TV.  When I use my blue-ray player I can get prime to work but it is to old for Disney. I shouldn't have to use something else. TV is out of warranty so that not a option. Owell I will have to cancel Disney plus and maybe Amazon. I can't afford a new TV.  But thank you so much for your help in trying to help me.  Boy I was crossing my fingers when I uploaded it but a let down. Thanks again 

0 Kudos