Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kyrnois

TCL ROKU TV Videos Not Playing in Apps

Jump to solution

Hi,

At least once a week I have to do a System Restart so videos play in apps. 

This happened once yesterday and twice today. For example, videos don’t play in Disney+ they won’t play in AppleTV. 

Once in awhile is understandable, but multiple times a week and in one day tells me something is wrong with the Roku OS software. 

We’ve had the TV since December 2021, and this problem has been getting worse since September 2022.

Please assist. 

#RokuTV #TCL #RokuTVTCL #TCLRokuTV

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
thomard

Re: TCL ROKU TV Videos Not Playing in Apps

Jump to solution

I went through a few apps and could not open them. I could open app but then selected content only buffered. I went through all the restarting stuff. I checked the internet connection with tv & internet company and it showed that part was working. Finally, the last thing I did was unplugged tv & then everything was ok.

I hope this isn’t going to happen more often or get worse. I bought this tv as an investment & don’t want to buy another one anytime soon. Sad how outdated everything becomes to make it obsolete.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Kyrnois,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We can certainly understand your concern that you are having a playback issue with multiple channels.

We recommend performing the below steps and see if you can resolve the issue:

1. Check for updates (Settings > System > System update > Check now)
  2. Try removing the channel that you are experiencing the issue with from the Roku home screen. Then, disconnect your device from power for a minute. Plug it back in, then try to add the channel back once more and see if this clears up the issue.
  3. Check Internet connection (Settings > Network > Check Connection) must be "Connected"
  4. Restart your Roku player: Settings > System > Power > System restart (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step).
  5. Last resort, factory reset

See more tips and troubleshooting steps for this type of issue here: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support

This should resolve the issue you are experiencing, however, if the issue is still unresolved, please reply back and we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I have tried all the steps above. No go. 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @EricWashington,

Thanks for reaching us here in the Roku Community!

We see that you are having an issue accessing your channels and we'd like to take a closer look.

Could you tell us when did you start seeing this issue occur? In addition, could you also elaborate with us on the issue you're experiencing? Is this a playback issue on a certain app or does this issue affect the channels on the platform?

With more information, we'll be able to look into it further.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
thomard

Jump to solution

I went through a few apps and could not open them. I could open app but then selected content only buffered. I went through all the restarting stuff. I checked the internet connection with tv & internet company and it showed that part was working. Finally, the last thing I did was unplugged tv & then everything was ok.

I hope this isn’t going to happen more often or get worse. I bought this tv as an investment & don’t want to buy another one anytime soon. Sad how outdated everything becomes to make it obsolete.

0 Kudos