Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TCL ROKU TV (Model 43S435) shows "no signal, is it on" for all HDMI Inputs

We have had this PC hooked up to an older TCL Roku TV in the past and it worked just fine but on the new TV it will not display anything.  I connect the HDMI cable to the TV, the TV pops up "We noticed you connected a new device to HDMI 1, what do you want to name it?"  I select HDMI 1 as the name and it reverts to the home screen with HDMI 1 shown as a channel.  I select the channel and the TV looks for the input, the PC flashes over to screen 2 showing on the monitor attached, and the TV returns "No signal, is it on?".  Both the PC and TV realize the HDMI cable runs from one to the other but I can't get it to show the picture.  I have ensured the software is updated. I have tried all 3 HDMI inputs on the TV, swapped the HDMI cable ends around and tried them again.  I have changed the HDMI mode to Auto, 1.4 and 2.0 on all 6 setups. I have plugged the HDMI cable directly into a computer monitor and it works just fine, just not on the TV  I am baffled on this one. Any help is greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
demsd
Roku Guru

Re: TCL ROKU TV (Model 43S435) shows "no signal, is it on" for all HDMI Inputs

@JBS_Drafting wrote:

... the PC flashes over to screen 2 showing on the monitor attached, and the TV returns "No signal, is it on?".

I'm a little confused as to what exactly is happening here.

40" TCL Roku TV
50" TCL Roku TV
0 Kudos