Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
uko

TCL ROKU TV 55S423, the top half noticeably turned dimmer than the rest of the screen.

Bought in December 2018.

The top half noticeably turned dimmer than the rest of the screen today.

Did reset, no help.

Unplugged for a few mins, no help either.

Anyone knows what to do?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: TCL ROKU TV 55S423, the top half noticeably turned dimmer than the rest of the screen.

Hi @uko

I hope you're doing well.

Please be advised that each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS. Since your affected device is a TCL Roku TV, we suggest reaching out to their support team to report the issue and for further help.

You can contact them here: https://support.tcl.com/us or at 1-877-300-8837.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
snolan14

Re: TCL ROKU TV 55S423, the top half noticeably turned dimmer than the rest of the screen.

I am having the same issue. Bought in Feb 2019 so I'm out of warranty, TCL support said "repair or replace". Called an electronics repair shop that said they can't do TVs. Some people are saying it happened after a software update, but my TV hasn't updated since May. I dunno, i just want my TV to not look like . Guess i'll go buy a better brand.

0 Kudos
fesz

I have two of these 55S423 and both did this. one of your led on your back light is out. not enough voltage difference to shutdown the entire tv's led light. replace the burntout LED light(s) or the whole strip.

0 Kudos