Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Coneyparleg
Streaming Star

Re: TCL R635 1440p line issue

I am now having this issue with the new ps5 beta firmware,  except the line appears on the bottom of the screen. It's very annoying,  the onky way I have been able to fix it is by switching 1440p or 120hz on and off again a few times until I get lucky and see no line. I mentioned 120hz because with the beta firmware the ps5 automatically goes to 1440p when a game has 120hz. Rocket league is most annoying because you can't select 120hz in game it just forces it. 

0 Kudos
Sleepwalker77
Binge Watcher

I have the Issue also on ps5 beta. Turning allm off and on to refresh the screen will sometimes fix the issue for me. 

0 Kudos
FearTheClown
Streaming Star

On PS5 the line issue looks to be something to do with Game Mode. In Tiny Tina's I can turn the game mode off the line disappears, turn game mode back on and it comes back. 1440p@120hz

0 Kudos
Sharingdude
Reel Rookie

Did anyone manage to fix the colored line at the bottom when engaging 120hz mode on ps5 game.

Miles Morales @120hz 1440p and Horizon Forbiden West @120hz 1440p or even 1080p do that.

like the others users mentioned, I can sometimes get lucky and not having it for a while but a loading screen or a quick input change can bring it back again.

funny thing is that my pc work at 120hz 1440p from my test.

I also tried to disable VRR (both ps5 and tv), disable hdcp…nothing seem to work reliably. I am using certified hdmi 2.1 cable and also tried with stock ps5 cable, same result.

so for now I mostly disable 120hz mode on ps5 but would like to know if other user have the same issue and if a solution as been found

thanks

FearTheClown
Streaming Star

At least on PS5 you can totally get rid of the line in 1440p 120hz. Basically you need to get into the game, when the line appears open the TV picture settings (*) and then go and turn off game mode then turn it back on. Give it about 10 seconds, if the line appears do it again. Sometimes you have to do this 10 or so times but eventually one of the times the line won't come back and you'll be good.

I'm guessing there is some issue with the handshake between the PS5 and the R635 going into Game Mode in 1440p. Unfortunately as far as my testing has gone this does not have any impact on the VRR issue with the screen flashing.

0 Kudos
Sharingdude
Reel Rookie

So I guess you turn off auto ALLM for in order to toggle game mode on/off

the thing is it seem to do the same thing by just going back to the tv home screen and going back to ps5 input…sometimes multiples times.

I’ll try your method…at least I know its not a defective ps5…but it would be nice a have a definitive fix 🤷🏻‍♂️

thanks for your input, much appreciated 

0 Kudos
FearTheClown
Streaming Star

Oh yes sorry ALLM off. I don't personally ever use ALLM, I'm accustomed to just setting things in Game Mode myself.

0 Kudos
Coneyparleg
Streaming Star

Sadly I doubt TCL/Roku is going to acknowledge let alone fix this, so we are left with toggling until it works

0 Kudos
FearTheClown
Streaming Star

Unfortunately I think you're right. The VRR issue in particular has really soured me on them. I appreciate they did go so far as to call me to talk about it but I haven't heard anything since and it looks unlikely to ever be fixed.

0 Kudos
Sharingdude
Reel Rookie

Alright, thank you both for your response I appreciate it. Good to know I am not alone I guess. Wierd thing is that 120hz @1440p work on my pc without any line so seem PS5 related. I think some folk also mention that 120hz @1440p work on xbox Serie X 🤷🏻‍♂️

Also What VRR issue do you have ? 

0 Kudos