Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Coneyparleg
Streaming Star

Re: TCL R635 1440p line issue

Mine keeps saying it's up to date and is not finding the 11.5 update when I do check now for software updates. Is there another way to force the update?

0 Kudos
FearTheClown
Streaming Star

@Coneyparleg unfortunately no. The deployment has always seemed random. Even my other TCL tvs won't update past 11.0 yet.

0 Kudos
EC137
Reel Rookie

Having the same issue with PS5 in 1440p and 120hz mode and after the TCL r635 roku OS 11.5 update, it is not resolved (for me).

0 Kudos
FearTheClown
Streaming Star

@EC137 that's accurate same here. The PS5 1440p line issue is not resolved in 11.5, you still have to do the temporary fix(flip between game mode on off on until it goes away). The VRR flashing is what's resolved.

The line issue has evolved though. On 11.0 the line would start at the bottom and swim to the top of the bottom quarter. Now it starts in that position and roughly stays there.

Speculating, I think 11.5 pushed a driver update for the HDMI port. I had read the HDMI ports used have driver issues before so I think they're the culprit.

Fortunately there is a known working workaround to get the line to not appear you just must do it every time you first go to 1440p.

EC137
Reel Rookie

Thanks, I personally would opt to not use 1440/120 as opposed to being able to use game mode for reduced input latency. Unless the input latency is a non issue since it’s in 120hz mode. Hmm. 
Edit: I’ll have to try the game mode toggle off and on again to see if that works for me. They really do need to fix this- not worth the hassle.  

0 Kudos
FearTheClown
Streaming Star

@EC137 I think you got the gist after your edit but to clarify you ultimately end up in 1440p@120hz game mode ON. The toggling just causes a screen reset and after a few times(its taken me up to 10 or so tries) the line won't reappear and will stay that way so long as you don't change resolution or turn off the screen or go to the Roku Home page.

Simplejoyz
Binge Watcher

I finally got said update. The flicker issue is still present on GeForce cards. Glad they somehow fixed it for ps5 owners. 

0 Kudos
FearTheClown
Streaming Star

@Simplejoyz that sucks I thought for sure it would be resolved for y'all too!

The only twist on this I can think of is are you trying it in 1080p as well? We're stuck at 1080p on PS5 for the moment with VRR & 120hz on. It shouldn't make a difference but maybe?

0 Kudos