Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tide2d

Re: TCL R635 1440p line issue

I'm having this exact same issue on my series X. Any update on a fix for this??

0 Kudos
mrbungle
Reel Rookie

For those looking for a fix, here's what I ended up having to do: Return the R635 and drop the extra coin for a Samsung Q80T--problem solved!

Of course I tried reaching out to TCL for help but after having me factory reset the TV, they tried to tell me it was an issue with my computer. This thread proves that's bullsh!t. I tried two different R635s out and both had this issue.

Your customer support lost you a customer, TCL. Good job. Never again.

bobcat979
Channel Surfer

What a bummer.  Sounds like TCL is totally denying this as an issue, even though there’s plenty of proof here.  Unfortunately I’m past my return period so I’m stuck with it.  

0 Kudos
RomanMtz
Reel Rookie

Mrbungle's decision is his own and it worked out for him.. but should it really be labeled as an official solution?

Visitor45763
Roku Guru

@RomanMtz wrote:

Mrbungle's decision is his own and it worked out for him.. but should it really be labeled as an official solution?

Mrbungle is the one who accepted it as the solution, for others to more easily see the conclusion to his problem (45 days later).

Maybe if Roku offered an alternative solution? In a timely manner? All we ever see here is "give me the details, I'll pass it on." It's a one-way street. At the rate official solutions are arriving, and new updates are breaking more things -- never knowing if something is considered a bug or an enhancement, and if it's a bug, if it's considered a priority, or you (the customer) is left to die on the vine -- I think Mr B's solution is the best anyone can realistically hope for. Consider how a disruptive update was pushed out just 5 days before Christmas (when Roku knew employees would be taking time off for the next couple weeks). What kind of solutions should we expect from a company like that? (I'm not trying to sound snarky. I just think it's logical. If Roku didn't like Mr. B's solution, maybe they'd step their support up a notch. But, *everything* we see says they really don't care.). Mr. B's the smart one. He cut his losses, moved on with his life, instead of being entangled with a company that doesn't care about their customers.

"People are often amazed at how much we’ve done with the number of engineers we’ve got." (Roku CEO Anthony Wood, Austin Statesman, Oct 4, 2019). "Amazed" is one way of putting it.
mrbungle
Reel Rookie

Exactly. Looking through this thread you can see Roku employee Danny asked another user preliminary questions that had already been answered by my photo and others' testimonies, and then vanished into the night. Nobody from Roku has ever followed up with me about this issue. After TCL told me the issue was with my computer, I tried to point to the numerous other reports of others having the same issue. Absolutely no response back. I'm angriest with all the reviewers that give this TV glowing reviews but fail to mention this issue that seems to be almost universal. Like I said, I tried two different R635's before moving on and both had this issue.

bobcat979
Channel Surfer

I’m curious if the problem is a firmware issue or bad hardware.   Either way, sounds like it’s not getting fixed by Roku or TCL.  

RomanMtz
Reel Rookie

I would like to assume it could be fixed with software. I mean worse case scenario just make it so that it doesn't display those two lines of pixels or just make them black. Even this **bleep**, work-around solution would make it less distracting.

I understand the suggested "get another TV" solution, but for the price this TV ticks a lot of boxes for me... and this shouldn't be something too difficult to fix unless it's a hardware issue of course.

Simplejoyz
Binge Watcher

Agree about the poor testing by reviewers. How can they call themselves reviewers when they don't look at what the TV does in an every day scenario. Pathetic. 

Also the lack of update of a universal issue is pretty sad. Meanwhile LG gets updates to their TV issues left and right. If this problem isn't resolved (or at least addressed) this year, this will be the last TCL TV I buy.

Rythen

Had the same issue, def monitor related. If you're using a PC, I would suggest going into your cards settings and adjusting the desktop size. I have an NVIDIA card, so I opened up the NVIDIA control panel and messed with the Size/Position settings.In my case I went to size, enabled desktop resizing and moved the sliders one tick for for both horizontal and vertical. You'll lose a few rows of pixels on each side, but it's better than dealing with that stupid flashing line on the top...

0 Kudos