Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

TCL R625 no Action Smoothing on PC.HDR colors on streaming/USB not correct.

Brand new TCL R625.Action smoothing dosnt work at all on HTPC.(videoplayer auto switches to 23.976 hz)It is available and set to high.

Win10/7 with 5700XT/GTX 1060 respectively.Neither PC has this feature working.(my second most important feature after local dimming)

Also,streaming Prime/USB this feature works fine.Unfortunately,the colors are washed out.HDR and SDR both look horrible.Like everyone is wearing a goldish greasepaint makeup.Saw an instant of real color when switching inputs.It is so bad that even with color at 100% it looks dull.

Also...if I watch video fullscreen at 60hz on PC,the TV goes into game mode.So you cant even use Natural Cinema.I get needing a game mode but there needs to be a way to TURN IT OFF.

I tried a total reset and am currently just running without a network.Which brings me to networks...

What the **bleep**?I cant calibrate the TV without a wireless network?Why dosnt the remote have access to calibration?I have never seen a TV that was setup this way.

Such an idiotic decision by TCL.I have time to return this TV to Best Buy but I do like the screen...seems good.

I will not keep it if these issues cant be fixed.Thank you from Michael.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: TCL R625 no Action Smoothing on PC.HDR colors on streaming/USB not correct.

The TV is updated to the latest version.

Contacted TCL support...they were nice but admitted there was nothing they could do over the phone.(I knew that before calling but you have to try everything first)

0 Kudos
Level 7

Re: TCL R625 no Action Smoothing on PC.HDR colors on streaming/USB not correct.

Roku tech support got back to me.

This is what they said.

Unplug it and plug it back in after ten seconds.If that dosnt work,it is a hardware problem and we cant help.

Seriously?...why do they even bother?

0 Kudos