Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: TCL R625 9.2 Local Dimming Issue

Jump to solution

Yeah I'm pretty disappointed in the lack of communication here. I'm still having this flickering problem, and Tanner hasn't responded to my messages since I sent him the videos of my TV that he asked for. It's really really annoying trying to watch basically *anything* with the local dimming stuck on, and they're not letting me downgrade. Sucks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Re: TCL R625 9.2 Local Dimming Issue

Jump to solution

I just got a Roku update 9.2.2 build 6106-88. I haven't checked but it probably doesn't do anything lol

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: TCL 65R625 Local Dimming settings not working

Jump to solution

I see that the problem with the TCL 65R625 has been ongoing. Just purchased the 55" version and after a couple days, the screen is automatically dimming. Also, the picture sometimes fragments and the screen goes completely dark. We have followed all of the steps outlined by everybody else's problems, but seems to have made it worse. ( not to mention voice sync issues that can't be fixed because there is no setting to adjust the sync) 

We just ordered another one of these TVs except the 65-inch version. Supposed to arrive tomorrow, but are greatly concerned that it will have the exact same problem as everybody else is having. I'm not sure that the Roku TV is up to snuff and where it should be. These problems should not be happening on such expensive and technologically-advanced televisions. With TCL putting the problems off on Roku, but Roku being unable to fix the problems. So what is a customer to do? Continue to take televisions back and exchange for new ones hoping that a good panel will finally be received? Because this is our fourth try with a TCL Roku TV. And we have tested LG, Vizio, and Samsung. The TCL is supposed to be better but for the price, and these problems, I'm not sure that having a TV with built-in Roku is the way to go.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Dimming is not right when it comes to HDR bright. if you go normal or dark you see it less. I wonder if 9.3 will fix the TCL issues and get it back to the way it was last year

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

I never use the HDR or DV bright options. Anyway a quick fix is whatever option you set it to for instance HDR Normal then quickly select HDR bright then back again to normal or bise versa that usually takes care of the flicker but I never experienced it even on HDR bright but I could be mistaken as I never use that mode. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

When I keep it on HDR normal and tv brightness on bright I don't see the issue. After I reset the tv and changed the settings it is doing better 

0 Kudos