Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuTannerD
Level 19

Re: TCL 65R625 Local Dimming settings not working

Jump to solution

Thanks for following up. You have updated to the latest release (build 6453) which resolves this issue. If you are still in need of additional support, you'll want to reach out to TCL support directly to report the issue and request additional help.

You can reach TCL support here: https://support.tclusa.com/contact-us?contact_query=Please%20enter%20your%20question

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
R625problemstoo
Level 9

Jump to solution
Clearly this issue is not solved. It's weird that the thread is marked as Solved. Multiple people say they still have the issue. TCL has said to contact Roku and that TCL has nothing to do with the Roku OS problems. Great... :/

Someone please take full responsibility instead of trying to fix it and then giving up. Ridiculous.
0 Kudos
torbrooks
Level 7

Jump to solution

This issue is not resolved.  I have the latest software version and the issue persist.  

0 Kudos
Dizmal
Level 7

Jump to solution

Yeah, not resolved here. How can you and Roku blame this on TCL at this point, Tanner?

This function was working and then your firmware updates broke it, another update fixed and then yet another of your updates broke it again and now your latest update has only partially fixed it.

It certainly is not a TCL issue. This is all on Roku.

0 Kudos
Skin25
Level 8

Jump to solution
Is there a conflict with the software for the TCL 8 series vs this 6 series? Do these TVs use the same software build?
0 Kudos
R625problemstoo
Level 9

Jump to solution
It's crickets in here, at first they tried to fix it and then failed and then succeeded and then broke it again. And now they act like they can't fix it, ignore it and blame TCL. Weird way to instill confidence. Weird way to practice CS. Weird that ignoring the issue seems to be the new response from Roku. Lots of weird. No solution.
mattaaron2112
Level 7

Jump to solution
This is absolutely still a problem. I've factory reset my TV multiple times, absolutely nothing works. The local contrast is clearly stuck on high even though it says "off."

This NEEDS TO BE FIXED.
0 Kudos
RokuTannerD
Level 19

Jump to solution

@mattaaron2112 Thanks for reaching out. Have you contacted TCL support yet to report the issue and request additional assistance? You can reach them directly here: https://support.tclusa.com/contact-us?contact_query=Please%20enter%20your%20question

Feel free to send me a private message with more specific information about exactly what you are observing on your TV, the content source and content title you are trying to watch, What settings adjustments you have tried making, and whether this happens on streaming channels, HDMI input sources or both. I can help pass this feedback along. 

Thanks,

Tanner 

0 Kudos
NumsBowl
Level 8

Jump to solution

Just chipping in to say I also have this issue. Really not my week! I'm on the latest software.

I found I can temporarily fix the issue by turning Game Mode off, turning both the local contrast options off, then on, then turning Game Mode on, and making sure both Local contrast modes are off. It doesn't really last a very long time, literally stops within 10 minutes sometimes, but maybe that'll help y'all fix the issue?

Happens on both my PC and on my PS4, with HDR on and off, far as I can tell.

Wouldn't be so bad if the feature itself wasn't so flickery, but as it stands watching/playing anything is a mess right now, especially if there's a bright sky scene.

Scottt1174
Level 10

TCL R625 9.2 Local Dimming Issue

Jump to solution

Well I finally am giving up on Roku and TCL. I got the R625. The new update 9.2 F'ed up even more then the black crush on local dimming on High. Now in Game Mode it lags like a SOB and now you have to turn it off and on a few times to get the game mode to work. I am so sick of Roku and Roku smart TVs screwing up other things on the TV instead of fixing the issue. Roku I am sorry this is in excusable. Also the Roku App still doesn't work on Android Phones. The app still doesn't display proper HDR or DV  mode. Roku is a disgrace and I will never go with a Roku again . Apple TV is where it's at folks.

0 Kudos