Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: TCL R625 Local Dimming settings not working

Jump to solution
But.. I have duplicated the same issues, on fire TV HDMI, laptop HDMI, Roku Netflix and Prime app..

For the following, example on all sources..

Any episode of Queen Of The South, any season, FireTV, Roku app, HDMI browser laptop.

But again, it doesn't matter what the title or source is, the issue is with the baked in OS that attempts to control the picture quality options and that is why it affects all sources/apps/titles..
0 Kudos
Level 7

Jump to solution

I tested this again last night, I paused the screen in my dark room. It is the same and no noticeable change between the low, med and high settings. It is either on or off now. I was watching Spectrum Cable on my set as well as Netflix.

Can't say that it actually affects picture quality, picture still looks great. But obviously a function I want to know is set to what I want it to(high).

0 Kudos
Level 7

Jump to solution

Oh, and any way to login to the discussion board from a mobile device(Pixel 3)? Whenever I try it wants me to click I am Not a Robot and the popup to click the pictures never comes up. So it is impossible for me to login via mobile. Which hinders my response time to these.

0 Kudos
Level 7

Re: TCL 65R625 Local Dimming settings not working

Jump to solution
Same issue happening for me. I PM’ed it and hope to hear from you, Tanner. Thanks.
0 Kudos
Level 7

Jump to solution
I literally just got a software update 5 minutes ago for my r625 and the local dimming seems to be working now check it throughout the day and see if you are ready for an update
0 Kudos
Level 7

Jump to solution
9.1.2 build 6453-88
0 Kudos
Level 7

Jump to solution
What’s the software build, please? I just got an update, too, and the build is 6453-88.
0 Kudos
Level 7

Jump to solution
I also PM'd Tanner and he pushed a new update to my TV the next morning. Local dimming works again as advertised, I can see the difference between low medium high settings. Thanks Tanner!
0 Kudos
Level 19

Jump to solution

Hi all, 

Thanks for your patience while we've worked on a new release. OS 9.2 build 6453 is now broadly available, and includes a resolution for this issue. We appreciate everyone sharing their feedback and continued thoughts here. 

If you are still encountering any perceived issues using this feature, we'd recommend following up with your TV manufacturer directly to share your experience and feedback around this.

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Level 8

Jump to solution
Mine has been updated to build 6453 and the local contrast was not updated. I had received 6452 earlier in the week which also did not change it back to normal. I updated it today to 6453 and it is still only off and low medium and high are the same - no difference between them. My TV didn’t get a -88 at the end of the 6453. Anyone else’s update NOT fixing the local dimming problem?
0 Kudos