Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
light5out
Level 7

TCL R625 Local Dimming settings not working

Jump to solution

Just noticed on version 9.1.2 build 6441 that local dimming setting has no effect. Other users are reporting the same over at AVSforum.

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-lcd-flat-panel-displays/3092866-2019-tcl-6-series-qled-r625-55-65...

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: TCL 65R625 Local Dimming settings not working

Jump to solution

Hi all, 

Thanks for your patience while we've worked on a new release. OS 9.2 build 6453 is now broadly available, and includes a resolution for this issue. We appreciate everyone sharing their feedback and continued thoughts here. 

If you are still encountering any perceived issues using this feature, we'd recommend following up with your TV manufacturer directly to share your experience and feedback around this.

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
48 Replies
rob47strike
Level 7

Jump to solution

Im having issues with mines as well, the local dimming is not working, it has no effect I have 65 TCLR625 and I just exchanged this tv two days ago. This tv is having a lot of issues.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue. Local Contrast, A.K.A. local dimming, doesn't change regardless of what setting you have it on: Off, Low, Medium, High. 

0 Kudos
Dizmal
Level 7

Jump to solution

Yeah I am experiencing the same issue now on my 65r625 after the latest update. I cannot claim the update did it, only that it worked prior to the update and I tested it after reading the AVS thread(SteroMadMan). Changing this setting has no affect on the picture any longer.

v9.1.2 build 6441-88

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I forgot to say that I'm on the 55" model, so it's happening on both. 

0 Kudos
Ma204355
Level 7

Jump to solution
I have noticed the same thing with my 55” 625.
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Hi everyone. Thanks for reaching out to let us know what you're seeing! We'd like to gather some more information to help investigate the issue. 

Please send me a private message with your Roku TV serial number, a complete description of the issue you are seeing, including details of the settings adjustments you have made, troubleshooting steps you have taken thus far, and any pictures/video of the issue occurring on screen. I'll help pass this information along to our team so they can take a closer look. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
light5out
Level 7

Jump to solution

Sent you a message.

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Thanks to everyone for sending over your details. Our team is actively investigating and hopes to have further resolution soon. 

I'll be sure to share an update as soon as we have one available. Please stay tuned! 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
Alrdtakn
Level 7

Jump to solution
Thank you Tanner. I know I for one eagerly await an update regarding the local dimming issue described here.
0 Kudos