Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

TCL R625 Audio Cut Issue

So I am having an audio cut issue while trying to stream Star Wars The Rise of Skywalker in 4k HDR10 & DV both. My internet speed should be plenty capable, and I'm having no picture issues, or signs of a slow connection. My TV is wired to my Xfi modem. Just curious if anyone has run into this issue with the TCL R625? I was trying to stream via Vudu and Movies Anywhere. I've had so many little quirks with this TV, I'm about to return it, as I paid for the extended warranty, but am afraid I won't find a suitable replacement at the same price. I hear the h9f isn't much better, and can't be found. I'm really hoping a lot of these little issues that bother me can be sorted out thru firmware updates. Still waiting on VRR support. This is far from the first experience with audio issues either. The TV speakers are shockingly decent for what they are, but there's just a lot of audio cuts while streaming. I never experienced this on my Samsung Ku6300...That was far from a nice TV.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: TCL R625 Audio Cut Issue

I am having the same issue streaming the UHD version of Rise Of Skywalker in Vudu. I initially thought it was the Vizio Atmos Soundbar (having audio issues in general) but when disabled the Soundbar, there was the same cut in/out issue in the TV's speakers. 

Has anyone a solution for this?

#tclr625 #atmos #vudu

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I'm still having issues while trying to stream TROS in Dolby Vision via VUDU as well. I can stream it via Disney Plus, however, with no issues at all. Seems like a Roku OS and application communication issue to me. Or it's the processor in the TV... I have audio issues all the time while streaming. I'm still trying to cope with the motion of this TV.... it's really, really, distracting. No setting fixes it. Natural Cinema is the best..but still a ton of issues. Mainly Judder and stutter. Motion interpolation is completely broken. Screen tearing and stutter.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

On the judder thing, I saw that (Vudu) on John Wick 3 (motorcycle panoramic chase on the bridge). I've seen it on other movies too but Wick is what comes to mind. 

Yesterday, I simply disabled the LED smoothing and Action Smoothing and the problem went away. I did NOT set to Cinema mode. 

This Audio thing is really killing me. 

I can't tell if it's the Vizio Atmos kit or the TV. 

Connected via HDMI ARC.  Sometimes I have to fiddle with the inputs on the Soundbar (to HDMI, then back to HDMI-ARC)

Whether I have to do that or not, there is typically a moment of silence before the audio kicks in. 

Sometimes I have to restart the Soundbar. 

I just don't know if the TV is not optimised for HDMI-ARC and Atmos. 

Hello. Is anyone from #TCL reading this? 

@KOR-reyRen066 wrote:

I'm still having issues while trying to stream TROS in Dolby Vision via VUDU as well. I can stream it via Disney Plus, however, with no issues at all. Seems like a Roku OS and application communication issue to me. Or it's the processor in the TV... I have audio issues all the time while streaming. I'm still trying to cope with the motion of this TV.... it's really, really, distracting. No setting fixes it. Natural Cinema is the best..but still a ton of issues. Mainly Judder and stutter. Motion interpolation is completely broken. Screen tearing and stutter.

Highlighted
Level 9

I have this issue with my 625 on Vudu only. Disney + all is fine. My first thought was arc is not supposed to be able to pass Atmos but it works fine on D+. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Well this audio / atmos issue (for me, so far) is isolated to #TROS on Vudu  I can't bring myself to pay for Disney + (I already have too many other subscriptions).  All the other UHD films on Vudu that have Atmos Audio seem to be processing fine

My Vizio Soundbar flashes a green light for a moment indicating an Atmos Feed.  Also when I bring up the Vizio Smartphone app, it says Atmos (if it's a non Atmos feed, it says Dolby Digital or something).

I have other issues with this TV/Soundbar combo, but back to TROS. I reached out to #Vudu and this is the blather they gave me

Thank you for contacting Vudu Customer Care!

I am really glad that you have reached out to us. I will provide further assistance.

Please find below a list of the UHD compatible devices that Vudu supports.

* 4K Ultra HD Playback only
- Arris Mi4 (2017 IP900)
- Roku 4
- Roku Premiere
- Roku 4K TVs (without HDR support)
- VIZIO P-Series & M-Series 4K HDTVs (Non-SmartCast)
- Windows 10 PCs.

* 4K Ultra HD + HDR Playback

- Apple TV 4K - app version 1.1.1 or later (set default playback quality to UHD)
- Sony 4K TVs (2016 onward) with the Vudu Android TV app v4.2 and higher
- Google Chromecast Ultra
- LG UHD, Super UHD and OLED TVs (from 2016 onward)
- Nvidia Shield TV
- Philips 5000, 6000 Series 4K TVs
- Philips Blu-ray Disc Player 2018 BDP7303/F7
- Roku 4K TVs with HDR support (e.g. TCL P & C-Series)
- Roku Streaming Stick+, Premiere+, Ultra
- Samsung KU, KS, Q, MU, and NU (NU71XX and higher) Series 4K TVs
- Samsung Blu-ray Disc Player UBD-M9500
- Sony UBP-X700
- Tivo Bolt (2015 TCD849000)<= New!
- VIZIO Smartcast P & M-Series 4K TVs (2016 onward)
- Xbox One S, One X

Hope you find the above information useful.

We will be waiting for your response, we are at your service!

Ana S.
Vudu Customer Care
1-888-554-VUDU (8838)
7:00 AM - 8:00 PM PST
support@vudu.com

I mean, really?  Doesn't even look like they read the darn question.

M
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

I have a further update

I have an Xbox One X connected totnhe TV via HDMI (and the TV's adio setting to pass through. 

When I play TROS on the XBOX VUDU app, no audio issues. Atmos and all. 

So this seems to be specific to the VUDU app for Roku (Or the VUDU app on the TCL R625)!

Hate to have to fiddle with the Xbox just to watch movies when the App is already on the Telly. But at least I can watch. 

Hope someone fixes this. 

Highlighted

They never truly listen to what anyone of us say. They just want to act like we're crazy, and there's nothing wrong with the TV/product. I've tried getting in touch with both TCL and ROKU, and TCL has been more helpful so far, but still aren't giving me any answers as to why my TV is literally breaking at the seams when it comes to motion handling and audio issues. They want to offer no support, and for that reason, this TV is getting a warranty claim if nothing gets better. I'm pretty sure the issue with motion on the r625 is simply just down the hardware limitations of the panel itself. These manufacturer's should really actually test these TV's before they are released. No TV should ever fall apart the way this one does, as soon as the camera begins to move or pan.

0 Kudos

The thing that bothers me with disabling all motion setting, is the TV should be designed right, to use the features it boasts. By turning off all motion settings, you're getting the worst motion possible. With everything off, there's clear Judder present, especially in 24p content. Natural Cinema works the best for me all around...but there's still artifacts present. Mainly, when the camera pans, the picture will break up and fall apart. Action Smoothing or Motion Interpolation is absolutely broken on my set. No matter the content, if I turn it on (low,med, or high), I just get terrible stuttering, massive artifacts, and of course Judder. There's just something clearly wrong here. I'm about to start a YouTube channel to highlight the issues with this set, in order to bring light to them. All I want, is to enjoy watching TV again. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I agree with you, that this seems like a ROKU/VUDU issue. It seems more on Roku's end, as if you watch TROS on another source via VUDU, the issues don't present themselves. I feel this TV stuggles with certain codec's as I still get audio cut issues. It's becoming less frequent, compared to when I first got the TV.... I just really gotta ask, bc I'm struggling with this myself.....and I always have since purchasing this TV....the motion is just bad for me. There's no way for me to put it....other than that. This TV has made me understand just how much I despise the SOA.... it's far from smooth fluent motion that I don't like, it's the way this TV handles it, breaks itself, and is completely unusable. I mean its BADDD! I'd love to have that smooth motion, if it didn't bring in a million artifacts and issues. It's just fundamentally flawed on the r625. The feature that does work better for me, is natural cinema.....yet this is far from perfect either, and has some artifacts too, but it's not nearly as bad as action smoothing. Natural Cinema ensures that your Movies are being displayed correctly, and I appreciate that a lot. My last 60hz TV couldn't present 24p movies right....at all. It always had judder and stutter. It was a Samsung, and Auto motion plus didn't work good on that TV either. At least with the r625 and natural cinema, I can watch these movies I love, without massive Judder and artifacts. The little artifact that I notice, is more so a flickering artifact. It's not like introduced noise in the TV, but rather more just like the frame delivery is making you notice the flickering. I hope this makes sense, as it's very hard to describe these issues over a text message. 

0 Kudos