Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ed3
Level 8

TCL R615 HDMI arc to SONOS ARC soundbar no Dolby atmos

Hey there Roku community, has anybody been successful on getting Dolby Atmos on Netflix,prime video and disney, on a SONOS ARC soundbar via HDMI arc to a 75TCL R615 ? TV's on 9.3 OS and all three streaming channels are updated.

Labels (3)
Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3\
Ed3
Level 8

Re: TCL R615 HDMI arc to SONOS ARC soundbar no Dolby atmos

Here's an update to my own post. The TCL R615 doesn't output Atmos through the TV's Netflix , Prime and Disney+ channels. However it does passthrough Atmos to the Sonos arc through the NVIDIA SHEILD, Netflix and Prime confirms Atmos content on Sonos app except for Disney+ .

AnkMe
Level 9

Hi, Your posts helps! I have a TCL 75R615 and I am waiting on Sonos ARC that I ordered. Since the TV supports Dolby digital plan and has an ARC port, I was hoping to get Lossy Atmos sound output via all the TV's native apps. Are there any other other findings? Do you think app Roku updates of Netflix and Amazon Prime Video will enable Atmos output from those Apps as well? I also have an Apple TV 4K and wondering it the Apple TV's Netflix or Amazon app + TCL 75R615 will output Atmos on Sonos ARC? Overall do you think Sonos Arc is worth buying with TCL 75R615 ?

0 Kudos
AnkMe
Level 9

I have the same tv as you, also have Apple TV 4K and my arc is out for delivery. What should I expect? Thanks ! 

0 Kudos