Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: TCL P605 backlight control setting and local dimming not working.

I am trying to adjust the backlight from the * menu.

I’ve tried to adjust it from both HDMI and Roku channels.

I’ve rebooted and factory reset it. I’ve also ran all the updates.

Thanks!
0 Kudos
JosephB
Level 7

I'm having a similar issue on my P605. Depending on my input and picture mode I can't change my local contrast setting. I haven't had an issue with changing the backlight setting. I can't change local contrast on HDR Normal but I can on hdr dark and HDR bright picture modes. I can change HDR Normal local contrast in Roku apps like YouTube but not on my "computer" HDMI input. Tv is updated to 9.1.0 build 4917. Pretty frustrating that unavoidable automatic updates can break features on my TV and there's nothing I can do.
0 Kudos

This is a major issue again as of build 4129.

I can't adjust local contrast on any input. It's clearly locked onto the highest setting even though I have it set as off across all inputs. I've done multiple factory resets, have checked for a new update about 25 times a day for the last two days, but nothing works. It's completely stuck in this subpar mode. I can't get any support from Roku or TCL via any avenue I have tried so far.

0 Kudos

RE: TCL P605 backlight control setting and local dimming not working.

Ha! I was using the exact same convoluted "workaround." It eventually stopped giving me results. Definitely message Tanner, he was able to get me rolled back to an older firmware and it fixed my issue.

[resolution relocated to original topic] 

0 Kudos
NumsBowl
Level 8

Re: RE: TCL P605 backlight control setting and local dimming not working.

I'll give that a try! The last update before this one broke hdr for me, so it may take some goosing, hopefully Tanner can facilitate that.
0 Kudos