Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: TCL P605 backlight control setting and local dimming not working.

Tanner, 

THanks for the reply. Check your pm box.. I had already sent you a pm with some more info.  I've been in contact w/ TCL's customer abuse, I mean support, personnel, and have been through minimal and full factory reset procedures, and have updated my software several times over the past day... including using the hidden remote menu to update to the software.  No further updates are available as of an hour or two ago; currently on software version 9.2.0, build 4502, last updated Jan 28, 9:36. Will send you the serial number via pm.  Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Musechaser did you ever get this fixed? I've got the screen flickering issue and have done the factory reset but the flickering has returned. How do I obtain the rollback firmware? Any other ideas on what to do? Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Yes, I foind a grea solution. After two defective TCL -615 sets within two weeks and hours on the phone with completely ineffective and useless customer "support" script readers, I returned the second TCL set and bought a Sony XBR75X900F. A bit more money, but got a great deal on it, and it has a MUCH better picture. Don't get me wrong...the first TCL -615 I had looked great except for the small "smudges" embedded in the screen here and there, and I bought the Sony expecting a more reliable product and better support, not a noticeably better picture. Well, that easn't the case..the picture is heads and shoulders over the TCLZ.

Don"t mean to bash TCL..still have a 55P605 in another room, and that continues to be a great set. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Unfortunately buying another brand TV might be the only answer. Good to see you're not having this issue with your P605. 

0 Kudos