Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: TCL 8 Series, Roku TV, CEC, EARC "Inactive" Issue...

Hi Community users!

We understand and share your sentiments regarding this issue.

Could you send us the complete details requested by @RokuTakashi? If you have already provided the details, rest assured that we have already forwarded them to the appropriate support team for investigation.

We will be anticipating your response.

All the best,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
8ohms
Binge Watcher

So, I have a new TCL Q7 Google TV and have the same issue as before with the Roku TV. It's must have something with the Sony STR-D590 Receiver. Can't get the audio from the ARC to play through the receiver after flipping through all the Audio setting on the TV and settings on the receiver. But, seeing how much little had been done since this was first reported. I don't intend to hold my breath for a fix to these issues anytime soon. Something is most definitely not working with eARC/ARC or it's just that Sony Audio Receiver and TCL televisions are incompatible. Buyers! Beware. You are not going to get what been advertised.

Rjreiffer8640
Binge Watcher

As an FYI I also have a TCL Google TV hooked up to a Vizio soundbar and it works perfectly.  The Roku TV has not had the software updated since I bought it.  Too bad Roku doesn’t care about service on their TVs.  

0 Kudos
Rjreiffer8640
Binge Watcher

Number one, you had me open a ticket on the TV, number two this has been explained ten times in this thread.  PLEASE READ 

0 Kudos
lythrum
Reel Rookie

seriously, this thread has been open AND active for 8 months. not a single response from someone addressing this issue or giving a solution. another big corporation giving a runaround

8ohms
Binge Watcher

So, you're having the same issues too lythrum? Sorry! 

0 Kudos
8ohms
Binge Watcher

Okay! Roku and TCL don't seem to care about the audio issue with the eARC/ARC with some of its customers are having. I got my eARC/ARC working again like it supposed to. And I got it working, through a little luck and lots of determination. The solution for me, was to change the HDMI wire until one worked with both my Sony Receiver and new TCL 65" Q7 TV. Now the audio from the TV installed apps, like Netflix and Amazon Prime goes back to the receiver encoded (Dolby Digital+) as is from the source app and it sounds great. The fix to the eARC/ARC audio issue, may have been because I replaced the 4K/60Hz HDMI wire from Amazon with a HDMI 2.1 cable that is compatible with my new TCL Q7 TV. And yes! CEC is enabled on both the TV and Sony Receiver. So, if you are having the same issue with the ARC TV and AV device. You may want to give this a shot before putting your foot into your TV or drop kicking your receiver out the window. Good luck!

lythrum
Reel Rookie

this sadly did not work for me 😞

really upsetting that there still isn’t a solution to fix this issue, feel like i’ve tried everything at this point.

0 Kudos
8ohms
Binge Watcher

I am disappointed it my solution did not work for you. I suspect you're like me and want the stuff you paid for and advertised to work. Maybe you can try what once worked for me and then it stopped. Disconnected all the equipment HDMI cables and power to all the connected equipment, wait a few minutes and then reconnect everything.

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Having the Roku tv and Soundbar or avr  connected to one another via ARC/eARC is a must. And having CEC turned on is another. But what is most important is having the components recognize each other as CEC device is what gets it to work properly. Refresh the cec devices in the Roku tv menu. 

settings> system> control other devices> search cec devices> follow prompts

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.