Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

TCL 75R615 6 Series Roku TV

Jump to solution

Just purchased and set up Live TV Pause.  I use an new PNY 32GB thumb drive to set up and followed directions.  The pause feature worked for about 3 days, then suddenly the following started to occur:

While watching live tv the guide would appear showing channel info being viewed briefly then returned to full screen of channel being watched.  Occasionally the screen would then show a message stating: Live TV Pause has been disabled.  A USB drive was not detected..... Note: If you are seeing this message and currently have a  USB device installed go.roku.com/livetvpause

I've removed the USB drive, turned tv off and restarted process.  I tried a second brand new identical drive and problem persisted.  AND, I tried using the first drive in my pc, but apparently the livetvpause process kills the thumb drive rendering it unusable.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Level 7

Re: TCL 75R615 6 Series Roku TV

Jump to solution

UPDATE. PROBLEM SOLVED. After examining the thumb drive VERY CAREFULLY, I discovered that the cover that slides over the metal portion of the drive that is inserted into the USB port MUST be FIRMLY pushed out until it CLICKs and locks open exposing the metal portion to be inserted into the USB port. If this is not done the thumb drive will not fully seat into the USB port, THUS causing the issues I described, including the inability for my PC to read thumb drive. 

I hope this UPDATE helps anyone else using the PNY thumb drive in a USB port.

Merry Christmas everyone.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Level 7

Re: TCL 75R615 6 Series Roku TV

Jump to solution

UPDATE. PROBLEM SOLVED. After examining the thumb drive VERY CAREFULLY, I discovered that the cover that slides over the metal portion of the drive that is inserted into the USB port MUST be FIRMLY pushed out until it CLICKs and locks open exposing the metal portion to be inserted into the USB port. If this is not done the thumb drive will not fully seat into the USB port, THUS causing the issues I described, including the inability for my PC to read thumb drive. 

I hope this UPDATE helps anyone else using the PNY thumb drive in a USB port.

Merry Christmas everyone.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos