Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

TCL 65S425 and Yamaha RX-V683 Receiver Surround Sound Issues

Jump to solution

I know there are similar issues with the Roku TVs and Yamaha receivers through ARC, but I haven’t found any with my exact issues. 

Amazon Prime and Netflix work just fine and I am able get good quality surround sound. On YouTube, Hulu, and SpectrumTV the audio only outputs 2.0 stereo sound.

I have removed the AutoDetect and tried all other options for Dolby Digital. I have tried different HDMI cables as well. Yamaha shows all 5.1 channels are selected at all times.

Labels (5)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: TCL 65S425 and Yamaha RX-V683 Receiver Surround Sound Issues

Jump to solution

Well that fix only lasted half a day. I returned the TLC and went with a different brand. I do not have this issue with the new tv. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Level 8

Jump to solution

Just thought I’d provide an update for anyone that stumbled across this. 
I set up my old tv with the broken screen and a Roku Streaming Stick. The sound worked just fine. So then I plugged the stick into one of the HDMI ports on the TCL and the audio from that worked great too. Then I pulled the stick out and used the built in Roku and ARC to the receiver and everything worked. Didn’t mess with any settings. Im not sure what happened or how this fixed anything, but it did. Maybe the old TV “reminded” my receiver what to do, because I tried using the streaming stick before without success. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Well that fix only lasted half a day. I returned the TLC and went with a different brand. I do not have this issue with the new tv. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos