Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
the_blur
Reel Rookie

Re: TCL 65R625 scaling doesn't allow for nearest neighbor on integer resolutions:

Jump to solution

I have a slightly different TV (TCL 43S425-CA), but I have the same problem. Such a shame. These TV makers could eat the lunch of even expensive gaming monitors if they just enabled computer monitor features for these things. A TV that can run 3840x2160@60 can also run 1920x1080@240, the signal bandwidth is the same. They really should unlock these features, even if they put them behind some kind of opt-in. I would pay to be able to have granular control of interpolation modes and to be able to use any refresh rate the hardware is able to support.

As it is though, there is no compelling financial incentive for them to do this, otherwise they would already have done it.

Does anyone know if jailbreaking these roku TVs to access the underlying hardware features directly is a thing?

0 Kudos
Firebrandx
Binge Watcher

Re: TCL 65R625 scaling doesn't allow for nearest neighbor on integer resolutions:

Jump to solution

Just checked and there was an update that seems to have included nearest neighbor back in for Computer Mode. Yay!

Thanks for the heads-up on that update!

Salvor
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I imagine it’s more complicated than that even if the bandwidth cost is the same it comes down to the response rate of the pixels, there’s a post on AVS where a user used EDID override to achieve 100hz at 1080 but said it was janky.

0 Kudos
Firebrandx
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I checked 480p and it is bilinear filtered still. But that makes sense because it's not an integer of the native resolution. 720p and 1080p look fantastic now though.

0 Kudos