Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
abeats
Reel Rookie

TCL 65R625 & LG SL4Y SOUNDBAR - REMOTE VOLUME BUTTONS NOT WORKING

I have a TCL 65R635 tv and a LG SL4Y sound bar connected to each other via optical cable.  The soundbar does not have a hdmi option.

When trying to control the soundbar volume with the TCL-Roku TV remote.  The volume up button makes the soundbar volume go lower, and the volume down and mute buttons do nothing. 

The remote will control the TV speakers correctly if they are switched on.  Any idea how to fix this so the remote will control the sound bar volume correctly? 

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: TCL 65R625 & LG SL4Y SOUNDBAR - REMOTE VOLUME BUTTONS NOT WORKING

Roku remotes can only control tv's directly. It is upto the tv to control the soundbar by hdmi-cec. But in your case the using optical so that won't work and your only remedy is to get aftermarket universal that controls roku tv's, and separately Soundbars. Then you will have one remote solution. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
abeats
Reel Rookie

Thanks for the reply.

Looks like a universal remote it is.

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

I would suggest the One-For-All urc-7935 streamer remote. Its one device remote that can control three types of devices, tv's, streamer's, and soundbar's. Different area of the remote are for different devices. Works great with roku tv's. P1010420 (800x600).jpg

Found cheap on ebay:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2060353.m570.l1313&_nkw=7935+remote&_sacat=0

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos