Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aplenty
Level 8

TCL 65R625 Reboots each time turning on then requires pulling the plug to fix

Have a TCL 65R625 Roku TV (Roku TV A108X) that has been pretty good up till about 4 days ago. Now each time the TV is turned on, we can use it for about 30 seconds and then it reboots itself with the TCL/Roku logo.  Then it returns and tries to connect to the default source but freezes.  The TV makes a noise when I press a button on the remote, but nothing happens.  Can't turn the TV off/change the source etc.  Have to pull the plug on the TV in order to power it down and restart it.  It then restarts and 9 times out of 10 we can start using it without an issue (otherwise we have to do it again). 

I'm running software version 9.4.0 Build 4187-88 and according to the TV it last updated the firmware on 11/5 at around 1:30 in the afternoon.

So I'd say there's a bug in this version of the software for the TV???

13 Replies
Transtron
Level 7

Re: TCL 65R625 Reboots each time turning on then requires pulling the plug to fix

I’m having the same issue. Must be something with the update 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: TCL 65R625 Reboots each time turning on then requires pulling the plug to fix

@Transtron 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us with the following information:
-Roku TV brand and model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-summary of the issue you are experiencing
-when did you start seeing this issue occur

Once we have this information we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@aplenty 

Thanks for the information.

I have passed along the information to the appropriate team to look further into.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Transtron
Level 7

Roku tv a113x

model 55r635

serial # X003006M3PR3

software 9.4 build 4187-88

devise ID SO5EYO7M3PR3

the tv goes into the Roku tv screen then to a blank screen. Only way to get out of the blank screen is by unplugging it. It started happening after the November 05 update. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Transtron 

Thanks for the information.

I have passed along the information to the appropriate team to look further into.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@aplenty @Transtron 

Thanks for the providing us with your information.

Can you please provide a tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times).

In addition, what devices are you plugging into the HDMI inputs? Does the TV boot okay if the 'power on to last input' device is unplugged from HDMI?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
sgtstadanko
Level 8

Mine is doing the same thing. Will act really sluggish and not respond to remote and then reboots in a loop.

Just started happening after 9.4.0 build 4190-122

Model 6102x

Tracker ID 08-459-711

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@sgtstadanko 

Thanks for the post.

I have passed along your information to the appropriate team.

As I have requested in my previous post, what devices are you plugging into the HDMI inputs? Does the TV boot okay if the 'power on to last input' device is unplugged from HDMI?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
aplenty
Level 8

Well, we have a new twist - I am now 9.4.0 Build 4190-88 (was 4187-88) and the software was last updated on 13-NOV-2020 at 17:11 (approx).  TV has booted fine over the weekend and tonight.. But when we switched from watching the FIOS box on HDMI1 to try to pull up Amazon PrimeVideo or Netflix, the TV reboots.  In the case of PrimeVideo, it successfully rebooted as the app was launching and it went back to HDMI1.  In the case of Netflix, it rebooted, got the red TCL-Roku splash screen and then it went black.

Didn't respond to the remote.  had to pull the physical plug (as there isn't a power button on the TV) and then after that reboot PrimeVideo worked.

So someone updated the OS but moved the issue from power up (or wake from sleep) and moved it into launching apps...

0 Kudos