Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bama89
Level 9

Re: TCL 6-Series and 8-Series Local Dimming quality in game mode from recent 9.3.0 firmware

Also noticing lifted blacks on the brighter setting with letterbox content I'm guessing it was their attempt to fix black crush. I'm seeing slight grey in the letterboxes that wasn't there on 9.1

Elite49
Level 9

Re: TCL 6-Series and 8-Series Local Dimming quality in game mode from recent 9.3.0 firmware

@Bama89 wrote:

Also noticing lifted blacks on the brighter setting with letterbox content I'm guessing it was their attempt to fix black crush. I'm seeing slight grey in the letterboxes that wasn't there on 9.1

Noticed that playing Ghost of Tsushima when it went letterboxed.

Wvandeurschfait
Level 9

Update: I have power cycled the tv once per day the last 3 days and the local dimming is still working properly on 9.4.

Elite49
Level 9

@Bama89 wrote:

nope it didn't lol. i took the gamble anyway and im on 9.3

Just got the 9.4 update and it does in fact tell you what firmware you're updating too when you check for updates. Knew I wasn't going crazy lol

0 Kudos
Bama89
Level 9

I wonder why mine didn't smh. Maybe because that was first time I ever connected it to internet. So it was basically a fresh start for me my only explanation lol.

0 Kudos
Elite49
Level 9

@Bama89 wrote:

I wonder why mine didn't smh. Maybe because that was first time I ever connected it to internet. So it was basically a fresh start for me my only explanation lol.

Possibly! I can confirm that using the Youtube black screen test that some of us tested to report to TCL seems to be fully darkened in Game Mode. Now do I disconnect the TV from the internet incase the next update breaks it again....Smiley Indifferent

Bama89
Level 9

Definitely lol. That's what I'ma do...I was perfectly fine on 9.1 and the black crush was never a issue for me and didn't notice it much. So I will be disconnecting...and right as I'm writing this I checked for update and I now have 9.4 lol. Will be unplugging after this

ASilva05
Level 7

I’ve been having the same problem i have the 6 series 2020

0 Kudos
Elite49
Level 9

@ASilva05 wrote:

I’ve been having the same problem i have the 6 series 2020

Update to 9.4?

0 Kudos