Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bama89
Level 9

Re: TCL 6-Series and 8-Series Local Dimming quality in game mode from recent 9.3.0 firmware

Hope this is true a few people local dimming was working in game mode after last update for a little while but reverted back to the same issues. 

0 Kudos
Elite49
Level 9

Re: TCL 6-Series and 8-Series Local Dimming quality in game mode from recent 9.3.0 firmware


@Bama89 wrote:

Hope this is true a few people local dimming was working in game mode after last update for a little while but reverted back to the same issues. 


Yeah like my TV was fine on the base 9.3 but after awhile it started to show the issue. Also, still no 9.4 here.

@Wvandeurschfait Whenever you get the chance if you can power cycle your TV and still test if it works that would be great!

0 Kudos
Wvandeurschfait
Level 9

Re: TCL 6-Series and 8-Series Local Dimming quality in game mode from recent 9.3.0 firmware

I have power cycled the tv a total of 5 times and no change has happened, the Local Dimming is working properly and black levels are deep on game mode while on firmware 9.4 from what I can tell.

Elite49
Level 9

Re: TCL 6-Series and 8-Series Local Dimming quality in game mode from recent 9.3.0 firmware


@Wvandeurschfait wrote:

I have power cycled the tv a total of 5 times and no change has happened, the Local Dimming is working properly and black levels are deep on game mode while on firmware 9.4 from what I can tell.


Oh boy, they might've fixed it! Keep us updated with this since it seems like the rollout is slow and the issue could always come back!

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Bama89
Level 9

Re: TCL 6-Series and 8-Series Local Dimming quality in game mode from recent 9.3.0 firmware

Does the tv tell you the firmware version before you update?. I'm still on 9.1 but was gone check and see if my set has it yet

0 Kudos
Wvandeurschfait
Level 9

Re: TCL 6-Series and 8-Series Local Dimming quality in game mode from recent 9.3.0 firmware

When connected to the internet I believe it updates automatically; I didnt get an update prompt or anything of the sort. 

0 Kudos
Elite49
Level 9

Re: TCL 6-Series and 8-Series Local Dimming quality in game mode from recent 9.3.0 firmware


@Bama89 wrote:

Does the tv tell you the firmware version before you update?. I'm still on 9.1 but was gone check and see if my set has it yet


I'm almost certain it does

0 Kudos
Bama89
Level 9

Re: TCL 6-Series and 8-Series Local Dimming quality in game mode from recent 9.3.0 firmware

nope it didn't lol. i took the gamble anyway and im on 9.3

0 Kudos
Elite49
Level 9

Re: TCL 6-Series and 8-Series Local Dimming quality in game mode from recent 9.3.0 firmware


@Bama89 wrote:

nope it didn't lol. i took the gamble anyway and im on 9.3


**bleep**, sorry about that. I was almost certain that it told you when you went to manually check for an update. I remember seeing a screen that asked if you're sure you want to upgrade from whatever version your on to the new version showing the version numbers.

0 Kudos
Bama89
Level 9

Re: TCL 6-Series and 8-Series Local Dimming quality in game mode from recent 9.3.0 firmware

Maybe if I had of backed out and went back to it then I might of seen that. But it's cool hopefully it won't be long til 9.4 hits my set. I also asked for the zip file through email but I doubt I get it lol

0 Kudos