Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LRRiley
Level 7

TCL 6 Series Woth Sonos Beam Audio out of sync

I have the latest 6 series from TCL. It’s the 55 inch model with a Sonos Beam using HDMI Arc and the audio is out of whack.

I’ve adjust the audio delay on the Sonos but it’s actually the other way where the audio is late, not early.

It happens with Hulu worst of all.

Does anyone else have this experience? Amy suggestions on how to fix?

Labels (5)
2 REPLIES 2\
SoularDude
Level 7

Re: TCL 6 Series Woth Sonos Beam Audio out of sync

I just purchased the series 635 55 inch and and Sonus Arc. Same problems. I just looked at previous post for the past two years and it appears to be a persistent problem across the board with Roku enable TV's.

I gues the question at this point is "HAS ROKU AND TCL / OTHER MFG'S ADDRESSED THIS YET" ?

Visitor45763
Level 14

Re: TCL 6 Series Woth Sonos Beam Audio out of sync

@SoularDude 

If you look through past threads, there's very little in the way of answers to questions like yours. People are having the same problem months/years later. Roku is a one-way street. You'll be asked to provide your model numbers, serial numbers, a tracker ID which will be endlessly "passed along." There won't be any further info about whether it's a verified problem, or if there's any priority to fix. There's no bug-tracking system to see how many people are affected.

A profoundly casual approach to very real & substantial problems. There is a mac addr (all zeroes) problem that's existed for a long time. Roku has time to remove favorites from antenna tv, and add 1000 inaccessible streaming channels (with the help of continuous up/down channel-changing removed too boot). But, won't fix a long-standing problem which has been "passed along" since first reported.

IMO, the best thing you can do is return the tv to the retailer. Then get on every retailer web site to write a review so others know what they're getting into. Last year TCL released a TV with Android. Maybe they're seeing the writing on the wall. My TCL TV seems excellent. It's Roku that's a complete disaster.

The bottom line: even if you could get it working, the updates clearly aren't tested. In a year or two you could be knocked out like many people already have been. There's a very good chance you'll regret not getting out while you can. So, I wouldn't invest much effort.

"People are often amazed at how much we’ve done with the number of engineers we’ve got." (Roku CEO Anthony Wood, Austin Statesman, Oct 4, 2019). "Amazed" is one way of putting it.
0 Kudos