Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Skril
Streaming Star

TCL 6 Series R625 won't switch inputs after first input switch

I've had this TV for about 2 years. Since I bought it I have had a Switch, PC and PS4 (then PS5 when it was released over a year ago) connected to it through its three HDMI inputs.

I have had zero issues switching between the inputs for all three of these devices since I bought it.

However, about a month ago, the TV will no longer connect to an input after I have switched inputs once.

For example:

I turn the TV on and use the PC input. I then switch the Playstation input, and it switches fine. However after this point it will not switch to any other device's HDMI input. If I select the input it shows me the default screen for that input with the "is it on?" copy.

It doesn't matter what input I switch to first. After I initially switch to any input it will never connect to another input again.

If I turn the TV off then on again, it immediately connects to the last input I had selected (the one that it wouldn't connect to). Then the exact same behavior occurs: I can switch to any other input once, but after that no other input will connect.

Every once in a while if and input fails to connect I will load some internal channel apps like Netflix, Hulu or Amazon prime, quit them, then it will connect to the HDMI input it failed to connect to previously. I can't actually get this to consistently happen though.

The only way I can reliably switch to any input after switching once is to turn the TV off and on again.

Some things to note:

Nothing changed as far as me connecting new HDMI devices into the inputs before this started happening, or switched any HDMI cables. It just started happening out of the blue.

I hadn't changed any settings on the TV itself for months previous to this starting to occur. Nor had I added any new local channel apps.

I have done a full power off of the TV, unplugged it from the wall, waited 5 minutes then plugged it back in. The issue still happens.

0 Kudos