Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kevo71798

TCL 55S535 lag while screen mirroring

Just got my TCL 55S535, airplay with Roku was a huge reason as to why I chose the tv. When I tried to screen mirror my mac to the tv, there was a good 2 seconed lag/delay while screen mirroring. The TV is up to date, didn't have this problem with my old Samsung but this tv has the problem, any way to fix this? Please help

1 REPLY 1
Visitor45763
Roku Guru

Re: TCL 55S535 lag while screen mirroring

There's a lot of Airplay problems:

https://community.roku.com/t5/Discussions/Roku-TV-Airplay/m-p/628195#M13394

https://community.roku.com/t5/Discussions/AirPlay-Keeps-Disconnecting-on-TCL-Series-6-Roku-TV/m-p/65...

No acknowledgement from Roku of a problem, or when it could be fixed. Maybe someone has a solution for you (I'm not familiar with Airplay). But, if you look through this forum, I'd be keeping an eye on the last day for returning your tv.

There's a lot of stuff here that hasn't been fixed for months (even years). Not even acknowledged. Generally, Roku blames TCL. TCL blames Roku.

TCL makes Android TVs. They have airplay (or there are apps I've seen). Roku wanted to be the Android for TVs. Now that Android is on TVs, it seems like Roku has given up. 

People have been having lag with other things (ordinary streaming, I think). There is a operation you can perform on the tv which is known to fix problems. I think we saw someone yesterday say it fixed their lag problem (not related to airplay, I don't thing):

Clear the cache (fixes random reboots)
Hit HOME 5 times.
UP once.
REWIND twice.
FAST FORWARD twice. (Clears cache & tv reboots itself. Be patient. It takes 2-3 minutes for the tv to go black, and come back on)

It wouldn't hurt to try that. Be patient. You might feel like you locked up your tv. But, it takes time. Nobody knows what this does. Roku denies it does anything other than a restart. But, it takes 50% longer than a restart. I think Roku just doesn't want to fix the underlying problem this remedies. So, they say it doesn't do anything.

Maybe someone else has some ideas for you. But, I remind you: don't lose track of your last day to return the tv. That may be your best option.

"People are often amazed at how much we’ve done with the number of engineers we’ve got." (Roku CEO Anthony Wood, Austin Statesman, Oct 4, 2019). "Amazed" is one way of putting it.
0 Kudos