Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 9

TCL 55R615 RokuTV (w/ audio output) displays Closed Caption even when CC set to only show "On Mute"

My TCL 55R615 RokuTV still shows Closed Caption (CC) while TV is outputting audio even when "CC" is set to "Only on Mute".  Having to cycle setting back-n-forth to correct.

I have video/audio showing this occurring.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 9

Re: TCL 55R615 RokuTV (w/ audio output) displays Closed Caption even when CC set to only show "

CC showing on TV (OTA broadcast) even when TV audio is being output (and heard) via ARC channel to AVR and TV CC set to "Only on mute".

CC even though TV set to Only on Mute.JPG

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Re: TCL 55R615 RokuTV (w/ audio output) displays Closed Caption even when CC set to only show "

UPDATE:

Just updated my TV with latest SW load (9.2 build 4502-30).  Testing to see if CC issue persists.  The SW load on my TV prior to this upgrade (used to test correction of a different problem) apparently didn't have a direct upgrade path to the latest load, as such never found it whenever checking. 

Hoping CC issue corrected as it is triggered by ARC audio channel state, which wasn't always working properly either, but addressed by this update.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

@VTHokie96  Thanks for sharing this observation. To clarify, is the CC setting 'on mute' enabled before you switch to the TV's OTA antenna tuner to watch an antenna channel, and you are only able to then get the setting to take proper effect if you cycle it to another option (such as on always), then back to 'on mute'?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Yes, that is correct.  I have CC always set to "On Mute".  I cycle when the error happens.  

BTW: I have done a preliminary check of CC issue once TV is now on latest SW load and works as expected.  It'll take time to see if issue reoccurs. I'll update one way or another.

Thanks.

0 Kudos