Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Happy31
Reel Rookie

Re: TCL 55R615 RokuTV displays Closed Caption even when CC set to only show On Mute

"maybe reading isn't your strong suit." i read it, I get it. The "you" in my post=TCL/ROKU not Cooperjs1.

0 Kudos
Cooperjs1
Channel Surfer

Re: TCL 55R615 RokuTV displays Closed Caption even when CC set to only show On Mute

@Happy31 wrote:

"maybe reading isn't your strong suit." i read it, I get it. The "you" in my post=TCL/ROKU not Cooperjs1.

I was replying to the Roku guy above you, not your post. The post above yours was a reply to mine asking for more details.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Happy31 @Cooperjs1

Thanks for the posts.

We would be happy to investigate this issue further. Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass the information along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
sshort1955
Reel Rookie

My 65" TCL keeps having the CC turned back on, I cannot see any pattern or common source. It has been happening for about 3 months now. It wouldn't be so bad if turning it off was easier, but it is a 5-7 step process that interrupts the watching. Why can't it be a single button on the remote? It's not even a pre-programmed option in Harmony. Do Somethng Roku!!!

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hello @sshort1955

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Please reply here with the information asked by @RokuDanny-R above. We'll be able to further assist you from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Yman4x4

I’m responding to Danny

i have the same closed caption on always  when I have selected “only on mute”

model A116X-RokuTV

serial number X0030DU2REF(S05HY06U2REF)

software 11.0.0. Build 4184-88

time2922-05-02T14:33:33Z

issue ID EF-175-113

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Yman4x4

Thanks for the post and providing us with your device information.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue? 

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos