Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mandojim
Binge Watcher

Re: TCL 55R615 RokuTV displays Closed Caption even when CC set to only show On Mute

I noticed today that the Closed Captioning is working when usiing CC on MUTE.  S/W ver 9.4.0 Build 4200

I have avoided using this for a while so I don't know when it started working.  My last update was Dec 11th.

obiwayne
Reel Rookie

Re: TCL 55R615 RokuTV displays Closed Caption even when CC set to only show On Mute

I noticed it recently also. So glad they fixed it!

mjp1

Re: TCL 55R615 RokuTV (w/ audio output) displays Closed Caption even when CC set to only show "

Dear Roku,

The problem of caption settings not staying on seems to be a universal problem, not just one person's device.  That suggests that Roku should consider a bug fix asap.  Can you please tell us when this frustrating problem will be fixed? Thank you.

0 Kudos
Nosnevets
Reel Rookie

Re: TCL 55R615 RokuTV (w/ audio output) displays Closed Caption even when CC set to only show "

They don't care. But a factory reset then updates fix it. 

0 Kudos
SouthRiding
Reel Rookie

It's a lemon. It's a TV. It should have an on - off button and remote. I have been trying to solve the CC issue for several days. We should not have to be solving technical problems like bad code that doesn't follow the commands it's been given. Period. 

Please help.

I may return it.

#RokuTV65S535 #ClosedCaptionHasMindofItsOwn

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@SouthRiding

Thanks for the post.

The issue that customers have been reporting in this thread has already been resolved. Can you please provide more specific information about the issue you are experiencing? What troubleshooting steps have you already tried to resolve the issue? Is the issue happening on a specific channel or does it happen across all channels?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Cooperjs1
Channel Surfer

I can assure you that the issues is NOT resolved! I have been dealing with this for a month now. I opened a case with Roku support and it was the most pointless experience of my life. I got the same repeated non-answers over and over again. The problem was not resolved but Roku support attempted to close the case as solved. The issue isn't solved, my case wasn't solved, I finally asked them to just close the case as unresolved because it was no longer worth my time and energy. I bought 3 TCL Roku TVs due to damage from a lightning strike, I wish I hadn't.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Cooperjs1

Thanks for the post.

Can you provide more details regarding this issue you are experiencing? Is this happening on a specific channel? Please be aware that some channels manage their features and functionality such as closed captions.

Please keep us posted and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Happy31
Reel Rookie

TCL/ROKU TV: Turn Closed Captioning OFF and it turns itself back ON by itself, every time, every day for months now. I plan on a new TV soon and it certainly will not have TCL or ROKU in the title.

PS: Don't bother asking for details, you have been given plenty by other sufferers to fix the problem and so far, you have not.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Cooperjs1
Channel Surfer

I have given plenty of details, maybe reading isn't your strong suit. It happens on the Pluto TV channel, it happens on Live TV while connected to an antenna, it is RANDOM and it is NOT RESOLVED!

0 Kudos