Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Venturafan
Binge Watcher

Re: TCL 55R615 Audio Delay

I read others say that did the trick for them. Possibly after powering off the TV for a bit and turning back on with that volume setting on off.
0 Kudos
Venturafan
Binge Watcher

I read that others had good results. Change volume setting to off, turn off tv for a minute and power back on with that volume setting.
0 Kudos
Foothills83
Reel Rookie

Yeah. I tried that too.

But even if it worked, who knows for how long? Shouldn't need to bang on the box or blow into the cartridge like a 30 year-old Nintendo game on a brand new TV.
Venturafan
Binge Watcher

Agree 100%. But very painless trick to try in case it DOES work.
0 Kudos
Bondo
Reel Rookie

Spot on I think!
I have a 50” and was noticing the “out of sync audio“. Googled it and ended up here. I had turned on the “sound leveling” feature to maybe stop commercials from blasting
Turning off the Sound Leveling stopped the out of sync audio. I use the built in speakers most of the time.
I do also have a Sony sound bar on an optical cable. I can run them both at the same time and they seem to be pretty much in unison. When I turn down the built in speakers the Sound Bar seems in sync.
I don’t have any special settings clicked on in the TV to use the optical link...it’s just On all the time like most TVs.

So turn off the Sound Leveling! And use “Normal” setting. Obviously Sound Leveling needs some TLC from TCL.
0 Kudos
FIXAUDIOLAGplz
Reel Rookie

https://www.engadget.com/2019/12/01/tcl-65-inch-6-series-4k-tv-700-at-best-buy/

"Most notably, the TV's built-in audio processing can introduce significant delays if you're passing content through the set to a speaker system."

IOT_Guy
Reel Rookie

Yeah, you know what's less painless? Return the piece of **bleep** and get a Fire TV. I just did that and am not disappointed! Guess what? For the same price, surround sound works great, no **bleep**ing around with it! I really wanted to like the TCL TVs since they are a new competitor, but I just don't understand how they can sell these junk TVs!?!? DID THEY EVEN TEST THEM?!?!

Ljcreeper02
Reel Rookie

There was an update that appeared after posting on this thread. The update almost fixed the lag. I’d say it’s 90% fixed.
0 Kudos
IOT_Guy
Reel Rookie

Wow, 90%, why that ALMOST WORKS! But doesn't.

0 Kudos
FedWay

I had the same issues until I disconnected everything from my TV. I hit the reset button on my TV and went through the complete set up and when prompted I hooked up my sound bar and the sound delay went away. I hope this helps
0 Kudos