Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ramat

Re: TCL 55R615 Audio Delay

Is TCL going to update this? I will return the TV if not.

Or does Roku need to update.

0 Kudos
furnman57

Has there been a fix that you know of?  

0 Kudos
robbo1
Channel Surfer

I'm not aware of anyone "officially" posting an update addressing this issue, but I've noticed over the last few months that the problem disappeared for my TCL 55" Roku TV. My assumption was that some update to the TV was pushed but I nothing to prove that.  Just the eventual realization that I hadn't had to manually go to Settings and do a Restart to get sound synced every 5 or so days. 

0 Kudos
dwag0588
Reel Rookie

Yeah this seems to have been resolved. Not sure when, but I have full 5.1 sound with no sync issues now, regardless of settings on either my soundbar or TV. Happy it’s finally fixed. 

0 Kudos
Threegeese
Binge Watcher

I have an Apple TV box attached and all content from that external source has audio delay problems to my soundbar , no matter the setting on the TCL.

0 Kudos
bmfc1
Reel Rookie

I don't think that it's been resolved. I have a 65RC15-B. The problem has been happening sporadically for about 6 months but it obviously shouldn't happen at all.  It happens everywhere (Cable and all Roku apps). I have a Vizio soundbar. I've read this thread and change the output but it's futile. Roku, please help.

0 Kudos
Shainin

I have the exact same setup and issue. FWIW, I was able to fix the issue on mine by following the specific process of powering up the tv, going to the hdmi input source(Xbox) and then power up the Xbox afterwards. This resolved my audio lag. If the Xbox is on prior to me selecting the hdmi input, then I get the audio lag in my sonos soundbar. If I select the hdmi source, power on the Xbox, then for whatever reason go to a roku settings menu or roku Home Screen and then go back to the Xbox source, then the audio lags again. I have been able to reproduce this fix. Maybe the fix is unique to me, idk, but worth a shot to try. 

0 Kudos
TarheelWes
Streaming Star

TCL Audio/Video Sync Issue

Hi all:

I posted a thread earlier about a strange situation where I lose Dolby if I fast-forward or rewind a movie on my TCL TV with AV set up. 

I wanted to post this separate issue in the hopes of getting some help on video/audio sync issue. 

Ok, First my set up: 

New TCL 65" 6 series (R35 with the latest firmware)

Onkyo TX-NR414 connected to the ARC Hdmi input on the TCL (supports DD, DD+, DTS, etc.) 

Older Sony Playstation 3 for Blu-ray (connected to HDMI 2 on the TV)

Apple TV 4k (connected to HDMI 1 on the TV)

Ok here's the issue...when streaming something from a native TCL app, most notably amazon prime, there's a noticeable sync issue with audio/video.....the audio is actually ahead of the video, anywhere from 100-200ms. Now, I can adjust this through my receiver by adding that amount of time in 10ms increments. 

However, when I play a Blu-ray from the PS3, the delay is even more pronounced. 200-300ms that the video is beind the audio. So, if I keep this set up, and adjust it, say, 100ms, my streaming stuff would be in sync but blu ray not.

These sync issues occur whether or not I choose "Auto Passthrough", "Auto Detect" or manually choose Dolby/DTS on the s/pdif setting. 

Note, that, originally, I had my PS3 going into my receiver, and I noticed the sync issue. So I fed it into the TV, but its' the same issue. 

I fully realize that I could connect the PS3 back to the receiver, and on that particular input I could adjust the timing accordingly, I realize this is a "fix", but I am more interested in understanding WHY my video is consistently lagging my audio with this new TCL tv...I'd rather correct the problem than make manual audio adjustments. 

Thanks for any suggestions. 

0 Kudos
MrFunk
Reel Rookie

I've all of a sudden started having this issue as well. 55R625. Horrible delay. All inputs. 

0 Kudos
MrFunk
Reel Rookie

Is there no software update yet to fix this? Seems to have gotten worse recently. I can barely watch anything. I own 5 TCL Rocu TV's. My 75 inch is having the same issues. It's terrible. 

0 Kudos